Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hope It is Enough

Today is going pretty smoothly, so far.  My daughter has been making breakfast this week since I did the lunch and dinner cooking over the weekend.  She made these little egg muffins.  You line the cupcake pan with a slice of prosciutto, put a little mound of grated cheddar in the bottom and break an egg on top of the cheese and bake it at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Then you add salt and pepper and chives, if you want it.  The recipe actually called for ham, but we got the idea to use prosciutto and I think it adds a lot of flavor to it.  You get that kind of "aged" flavor like you get with parmesan cheese or something.  We like to bake it so the egg yolk is still a little runny.  Anyway, I had two of those and a few sliced strawberries for breakfast.  Once again, I was feeling a little hungry at about 10:30 or so, so this time I drank down 16 oz. of water and that did the job.

For lunch I had a bowl of the tomato basil soup I made, and a salad with lettuce, broccoli slaw (adds good crunch to the salad), a few cherry tomatoes, some slivered almonds, about 1/3 of an avocado, 2 slices of bacon and some cheddar "peels" (used the vegetable peeler to slice a few peels on my salad).  I dressed it with the homemade ranch dressing I made last week.  Yum!  That made me pretty full.

In case I get hungry this afternoon, I brought me some cheese sticks and some apples (these will last me more than one day, of course).  I think one cheese stick and a small apple, along with another cup of water, will get me through to dinner if I should get hungry before I get to go home.

So far the scale is not moving, but I did feel like I looked a little thinner in the mirror today.  I really need weight to come off for the sake of pain issues.  Hopefully my body will start responding soon.

Afternoon

I've been a little hungry, off and on, this afternoon.  I did eat one of the small apples I brought, mid-afternoon.  I was still a little hungry after that and gave thought to going to get some peanuts but I was too busy at the time and by the time I was not busy, I remembered to drink down some water.  That really does help.  I have an hour and a half to go (theoretically, if I don't have to stay late), so I think I can hold off until dinnertime.  If I get too hungry, I can still eat a cheese stick.  I would rather do that than peanuts.

I think dinner will be some more leftovers from my son-in-law's chicken wings we had Saturday night, the rest of the sweet potatoes and some salad.  We need to do a little more cooking to finish out the week; I just have to decide what that is going to be.

Evening

I got home and both daughters were here, along with my grandson.  Always love me some Carter time.  💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙  I was really hungry by the time I got home, though, and after holding him a while, I was feeling a little vulnerable.  I ate what I planned -- the leftover chicken wings, sweet potato "fries," and some coleslaw with some ranch dressing.  I was still feeling pretty "hungry" and my daughters were about to leave.  There was a partial bag of tortilla chips on the counter that my daughter had brought home.  I asked them to take it with them because I was feeling vulnerable.  I figured I would get into it once they left.  So they got rid of it for me.  (Yay me!)  I had a few strawberries and that's where it stands now.  It did not help that the girls were cooking brownies to take where they were going.  They smelled really good.  I'm not really in danger of eating brownies because anything with wheat does not tempt me much, because I know I will have a severe headache if I eat it.  But it could lead to other things if I am not careful.

For now, I am going to let what I have eaten settle and see if I still feel hungry.  I am also going to drink some water.  I am really motivated to get my weight moving downward because of pain issues.  I have dragged this out way too long and I need to stay focused.

I did end up eating a serving of the pistachios I like.  Still felt a little hungry and gave thought to what else I could eat, but I stopped there.  Hopefully my appetite will settle down some.  I do not feel like I overate today; I only hope it is enough to keep me moving to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl