Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2017

Happy Friday!

Afternoon

I didn't get around to putting any thoughts down this morning.   Breakfast was bacon and eggs, again, but I just did 2 eggs this morning.  I did get a little hungry but never got around to doing anything about it.  I had to wait to go to lunch until after 12:30, so I was available for things my boss needed, so I was pretty hungry by then.

For lunch I had leftovers from last night -- creamy cilantro chicken and the cauliflower mash.  I had a salad to go with it.  I got a little carried away on making my salad this morning.  It was more the size of a main dish salad, although I did not put the extra things I might put in a main dish salad.  I just had the veggies and dressing.  I could only eat half of it; I was too full.

I still seem to be retaining water (my ankles, etc. are puffy).  Hopefully what I am doing for that will kick in soon.  I did drink some lemon water this morning, though didn't quite finish my bottle.  I took my magnesium and other vitamins.  Just need to do some more water drinking before the workday is over, and more tonight when I get home.

I don't have a lot planned for tomorrow, except to get my dog groomed.  I was thinking about getting a pedicure, but I want to pay as much as I can on debt right now, so I think I will just do it myself.  Just so my feet look okay in the pictures we are taking Sunday.  I am about to pay off 3 or 4 small accounts (that I have made substantial payments on each month) so I can roll those payments over onto bigger accounts and feel like I am really making progress.  My written budget is on my computer at home, but from my figuring, I may have some extra to pay on accounts this paycheck.  This is my biggest goal, besides health and weight loss.  I really want to be out of debt and to start putting significantly more in my retirement fund.

Sunday we are doing the family picture-taking at White Rock Lake, and then we are going to my daughter's apartment to cook out, hang out by the pool, and play board games in the pavilion area they have.  I guess if I am going to make my lemon meringue tartlets, I need to do that tomorrow.

I also need to decide on meals for next week and do some cooking/prepping for that.  I do so much better if I prepare ahead of time, although I have done some cooking after work this week.  Things go so much better when I make my own food.  Some recipes I am thinking about trying are a low carb gumbo, a kind of Mexican low-carb casserole, and I'm not sure what else.  I think I would like to have some "legal" dessert-type thing(s) made ahead of time, although my cravings have been fine.  I don't want to feel like I need them all the time, but I do enjoy them.

Other than that, I need to do cleaning and laundry and that kind of thing.

I don't have anything prepared ahead of time for dinner tonight.  I may make a pizza.  I have a wheat-free crust mix I bought from Wheat-Free Market a while back.  I also have some taco meat left if I wanted to make either another taco or a taco salad or something like that.  I just want to make sure I have variety.  I have a recipe for a low-carb meatloaf I might make, too.  My daughter doesn't really like meatloaf, but that doesn't mean I can't have it every once in a while.

I'm sitting here looking at a picture of my grandson, Carter.  I am so happy to be a Nana.  He makes our lives so much more special.  You never know how much you can love a grandchild until you have your own.  Being his Nana makes Mother's Day all the more special for me this year.

Evening

I ended up having to work a little late (left at 6:45) and when I got home, I was not in the mood for cooking much of anything.

Mid-afternoon I ate a small apple.  Late afternoon, I ate a few peanuts.  That held me until dinner.

I brought home the tomato soup I had taken to possibly include with lunch yesterday and the half salad I did not eat at lunch today.  I had those, along with a grilled cheese sandwich made with paleo bread I get from a bakery here in town.  I don't use it regularly -- it is very expensive -- but it is nice to have every once in a while.  I was wanting something refreshing after that, so ate some watermelon.  Seems like quite a bit of food today, but I was not breaking any "rules."

It was mid-morning this morning before I realized I had not yet taken any pain medication for the day.  I usually take a dose very early morning so I feel better when I get up, and another dose is "due" (if I need it) not too long after I get to work.  It was good that I had forgotten to take any -- shows my pain was not so bad that it reminded me -- but you always pay a price for waiting too long.  Once your pain gets past a certain point, it is more difficult to get under control.  I did okay; just had a lot of aches and pains when walking.  I am looking forward to the day when I can leave the medicine behind.  When I fast, my pain gets so much better that I am close to feeling like I don't need it.  But once I start eating again, it is back.  I suspect it is more about weight than anything, as long as I am eating what I supposed to.  When I broke the long fast last summer, I gave myself permission to eat some carby things I wouldn't normally have eaten, but the problem was, I didn't stop.  I went for months indulging in ice cream way too often, potato chips way too often, and corn products fairly often.  The weight comes back easy when you do that.

I am not back to the weight I got down to in the fast last summer, and I need to get there, I think, to get my body in a better state with reduced pain.  It is being stubborn, though.  I will keep working at it and I believe it will respond at some point.  I can tell I am still holding quite a bit of water.  I wore some "enclosed" shoes today and when I took them off this evening, my ankles were quite puffy above where my shoes had been.  Just losing that would take a few pounds off, I am sure.

I know there are some recommended macros for a ketogenic diet.  I should probably see what they are.  I am not following a totally ketogenic diet, but pretty low carb, nonetheless.  I need to do whatever I can do to try to get the weight to start moving downward.  I need to start working in at least a little exercise, even if it causes me extra pain.  The biggest thing that will reduce pain, I believe, is to weigh less.

I have been reading most of the time since I got home from work and having difficulty staying awake.  I thought I had better rouse myself and finish this post before I fall asleep for the night.  I'm going to go back to reading now, and if I fall asleep this time, so be it.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl