Search This Blog

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Busyness

I slept in a little this morning and then wanted something a little different for breakfast today.  The grilled cheese last night tasted so good that I decided I would make a grilled egg and cheese sandwich with paleo bread for breakfast.  It was yummy and something different.

I was actually down over a pound this morning.  I first weighed after my month-long cleanse and then 3 days of overdoing after "breaking" the cleanse before getting down to business.  I am sure my body was still bloated with extra food that day, but I am down over 4 pounds since that day.  But I am down over a pound from what I have been weighing fairly consistently the last couple of weeks.  I'm just glad it moved.

I need to keep with the efforts to thwart water retention, try to be more active, and just keep on doing what I have been doing.

Right now, I need to go clean up the mess I made in the kitchen.  More later.

Evening

It's been kind of a busy day, but I don't feel like I have gotten that much done.  I did get up and clean the kitchen and worked some on putting my bedroom in order.  More to do on that.  Then I had to take my dog to the groomer.  Got home and did kind of this and that for a bit.  I ate a serving of pistachios and drank some water and did some more picking up.

I have also been reading on a book I am about finished with, off and on during the day.  I sit down and read when I need to get off my feet.  I also decided on things I wanted to cook for this week and made a grocery list.  I had to go back to the groomer and pick up my dog.  Then I went and bought the groceries I needed to make the food I had decided on.  When I got out of the store, it was time to go pick up my daughter's dog from doggy daycare.  I got home and felt kind of done for a bit, but remembered I had some things that needed to be brought in, so took the wagon to the car to bring all the groceries in, in one load.

I was quite thirsty after all this and got me some water and a chunk of watermelon.  I never had a real lunch and was feeling hungry.  I had decided on another grilled cheese sandwich with paleo bread when I remembered the tortilla chips that were left from the other day that my daughter had left.   Yep, I ate some tortilla chips and guacamole.  The one good thing about that was, there was less than half of a small bag left and I was eating on them, fully intending to finish the bag, when I realized there was no desire for them anymore and realizing I would be better off just to stop.  So I did.  I was full.  At least that's something.  Not a great thing that happened, but at least I listened to my "hunger" and stopped, instead of compulsively finishing what was there.

I still have not done any cooking.  Tomorrow is going to be a pretty busy day, although a fun one.  I'm wishing I had another to get more things done.  I should at least get the whole chicken in to bake, which is going to be used for two different recipes -- some low carb gumbo and some low carb chicken tortilla soup.

That's all for today.  This was my first "getting off the track" since I started this leg of my journey.  Now I just need to get back on and keep going.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl