Search This Blog

Monday, May 8, 2017

A Pretty "On Track" Day

Guess I'll try to keep this going -- two days in a row!

I ate as planned today, except for one thing.  Breakfast was 3 pieces of bacon, 2 over-easy eggs and a few strawberries.  I was a little hungry before lunchtime, so I ate a palm-full of dry roasted peanuts (a coworker keeps them in a jar for everyone to share).  (Next time I'm going to drink down a 16 oz. cup of water and see if I can hold off until lunch.)  Lunch was my cauliflower grilled cheese (it was good!), some tomato basil soup and a small salad.  I ate an apple about an hour later to finish off my lunch.  The variance came when I had to stay late at work (until 7:30).  I was not expecting that since my boss was out of town.  But a coworker had to leave at 5:00, so I had to stay and take care of an e-filing that had to be done today.  I was hungry by the end of the work day and didn't have anything with me, so had some more peanuts.  That is not what I really wanted to spend my calories on, but....  When I got home, I just had a few of the leftover pepper nachos and left it at that.  I usually would have eaten more for dinner than that, but because I ate the peanuts, I felt like I should not.  I need to have something at work that I don't mind spending the calories on.  Sometimes I keep the makings for a salad there, so if I had done that, I could have had that as my appetizer and then had the rest of my dinner when I got home.  Another idea is to have a half of an avocado.  Those are good and filling.  Nuts are okay; it's just not what I would have preferred.

I thought the leftover pepper nachos might not be as good today, but I think they were better.  The peppers had gotten sweeter and the taco meat tasted better, too.  I will definitely be making those again.  I put a little guacamole, sour cream and salsa on them.

Tomorrow it will probably be more soup and salad for lunch.  Since I won't have the grilled cheese, I will "beef up" my salad a little more with some protein in it and have a bigger one.  I could also make me a grilled cheese with paleo bread, instead of a bigger salad.  Just depends on what I am in the mood for.  I am trying to keep the "more veggies" in mind.

All in all, it was a good day.  I was sleepy, for some reason, since I wasn't as busy as usual (until the end of the day).  Would like to have more energy.  I know working out would help with that, but there are still significant pain issues to deal with right now.  If I do too much, then just walking is really painful.  It already is pretty painful, but it would get worse.  I need to get some more pounds off, so if my weight does not start dropping, I will need to cut my portions some more.  I also plan to do some intermittent fasting.  That should help.  I'm talking maybe 2 days a week once in a while, or possibly one week every month or so.  I still strongly believe in fasting for health.  I just have to make sure I am doing what I need to do when the fasts are over, so that is my focus right now.

That's it for today.  I'm going to do some reading before I hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl