Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Two Weeks and Going Strong!

Afternoon

This has been a good day.  I feel very upbeat, reasonably energetic, and pain issues are improving.

 The upper back issue is much better (although definitely still there).  I find that doing things away from my desk helps.  I think so many hours in front of the computer is a big part of the issue.

Otherwise, I am noticing walking is becoming easier.  I stand up and sit with relative ease (although there is still some sciatic pain down the backs of my legs), without having to wait for the pain washing over me when I stand up.  I don’t feel like I’m “walking through snow” like I usually do.  That tells me some healing work is being done.

The biggest issue I am having relating to the fast is that my mouth is really, really dry.  I am drinking plenty of water, so that’s not it.  I read that I could be getting low on certain nutrients, like magnesium and potassium.  I bought some Smart Water today to see if that helped and it does seem to have helped a little bit.

Otherwise, I am enjoying getting smaller.  I am wearing one of the new blouses I bought for vacation today.  When I bought it last Saturday it was tight enough where I wouldn’t have wanted to wear it quite yet.  It’s still tighter than if I bought it to fit, but it is fine (it is an XL -- not a plus size!).  I am wearing some black jeggings and they are getting pretty baggy in the seat.  (Pretty sure leggings are not supposed to be baggy.)

Evening

I worked until 7:30 tonight, and as the day wore on, the upper back was hurting more and more.  Earlier in the day I tried to alternate doing things not sitting at my desk with things on the computer.  But it got busier toward the end of the day and I had no choice but to keep at the computer.  It was hurting quite a bit by then.  Hopefully the weekend will help it settle down a bit.  Plus, one more week and I have a week's vacation.  I have never felt so much that my body needed a rest from the work I do.  For other reasons, yes, but not something like this.  I still do not know if it is fast related.  In some ways I don't think so, but maybe a little of having an issue there and the work being done by the fast.  I felt it in different parts of my lower back today, too.  So much healing to be done.  That is why I do not feel anywhere near ready to stop.

I am finishing up two weeks today!  This is the longest I have gone on a water fast.  I did a 10-day water fast once, followed with 30 days of a juice fast.  But I have read that juice fasting is not really fasting.  Your digestion is still going and it doesn't have the same effects as a water fast.  Still beneficial, but not as much.

I do not feel hungry in the least, although when I smell food, or think about it sometimes, it sounds good.  But the feeling that I need to keep going is stronger than ever.  I am so tired of being in pain and I want to do all I can to get better.  Late in the fast I will begin planning how I will be eating, but right now it would cause me to think about food too much.  Of course, I know basically what I am going to do --follow a ketogenic diet for as long as weight loss is needed.  Then I will be adding back carbs on a limited basis, but still no wheat, no grains and no sugar.  Those are not my friend if I want to stay feeling good.

Guess that's it for tonight.  I'm tired.  It has been a tough week with the upper back pain, but it seems like the week, as far as the fast is concerned, just flew by!  I'm trying to nod off here, so I'll stop.

Good night and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl