Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Day 13 News

This is a just a short post to give news on yesterday (which was Day 13).  I ended up leaving work early because my upper back was hurting so much, it felt like I could not sit at that desk one minute longer.  Although I was trying not to, being on the fast, I took a muscle relaxant when I got home (the kind that makes me really drowsy) and I basically slept from 4:30 yesterday afternoon until 6:30 this morning.  I do feel much less tenderness in that area this morning.  I also wore my cervical collar (the one they gave me after neck surgery) to make sure I was not tilting my head in such a way that I was causing that area to get out of whack.

There is new tenderness in other areas.  My lower back to the far sides is tender today and areas under my arms, which I presume to be lymph nodes.  That lets me know there is detoxification going on.  I also have a bitter taste of pharmaceuticals in my mouth this morning.  (You have pretty bad breath and a coated tongue when you are fasting and that is from detoxification.  I carry some breath spray with me and freshen it up every once in a while.)

The big news this morning -- I dropped into the 230's!!  It is very possible I could be in the 220's during my vacation.  That will make walking around and doing what we plan to do a lot easier than the 263ish I was at when I started this.  Again, I know I will gain some of this back.  But I am paving the way for better weight loss when I do start eating again.

That's it for now.  I will try to post again tonight about today's "events."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl