Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 12 - Upper Back Problems

Today has been a little tough, in one way.  This place in my upper back is hurting pretty badly so that, at times, I feel like I cannot sit another minute at my desk at work.  I am still feeling that way even after medication and a pain patch (which uses capsaicin - the thing that makes peppers hot - as its active ingredient).  A heating pad might help, but what would help the most would be to get away from my desk and rest.  I have been working altogether too much lately, always working through my lunch so I am at my desk AT LEAST 9-10 hours per day without much break.  There is just so much to do and, to me, it is better than staying late (although sometimes I still have to do that, too).  At least I will have a week off soon.  Hopefully there is work being done on my back through the fast, but if it continues, I am going to have to go to the doctor for it.  It is that painful.

I did not drop any weight this morning, but I am extremely thirsty today and retaining water (puffy).  Probably toxins being dealt with.  Whether it showed up on the scale this morning, I did the work.

Otherwise I am feeling very good -- mood is good, energy is good (although feeling a little sleepy this afternoon).  Sometimes food smells really good to me, but no temptation to break the fast.

Later

I left work at 5:30 tonight instead of my usual 6:00.  Need to get away from the desk.

My thoughts try to turn to food a little more than they did at first, but I deliberately turn them away.  Today I had to deliberately think about something else a couple of times to do that.  I'm not stomach hungry, though.  It's just cravings.

I don't have much on my mind except to feel better.  Hopefully this upper back thing will clear up soon.  If I knew I was going to hurt tomorrow as much as I did today, I would call in.  It hurts.  We will see.

Going to take a hot bath and see if that will relax my muscles a bit.  I don't want to take muscle relaxants right now because they can have a stronger effect when fasting.  Plus I want to get away from taking pharmaceuticals all the time.  If pain levels continue to drop (they have, except the upper back), I want to start halving my dose of pain med.

That's it.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl