Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

I FEEL BETTER!


That feeling when you stand up and wait for the pain to wash over you and…it doesn’t happen!  I feel better!  The epidural injection, along with the knee injections I had last week, seem to be doing their job.  It’s not that I am pain free, but maybe I will get past that feeling of wanting to cry all the time for a while.  I walked to work today.  I am not going to overdo it – I would not try to walk through Costco or something like that – but I felt like the half-block to work (now that I can go out the back way without the scooter) was doable.

I don’t want to be pessimistic.  I don’t know how long it will last, and barring a miracle, I know it won’t last, but I am so glad to have a break from the way it’s been for weeks.

The headache seems better today.  I do have somewhat of an allergy/sinus condition, which might have been contributing to it, and I know the crying didn’t help it any.  My eyes still feel like they do after you’ve had a long cry.  I’m just glad to be feeling better.  (That was the understatement of the month.)

Other than that, I am doing my grain-free diet and waiting for my appointment with the functional medicine doctor on July 2.  I have a second-opinion appointment with another knee doctor on July 7 (if I don’t have to change it; my backup won’t be here).  Then I have an appointment with my “new” PCP on August 24 (the soonest I could get in to see her).  I have seen her in the past, but it’s been so long, I am treated like a new patient.

Maybe I will actually feel like cooking up some good food in the next few days.  I’ve been eating a lot of salads and doing my best at finding grain free alternatives when I pick up something from a restaurant.  But I like to try new recipes so I don’t get bored.  One thing I am learning – I need to quit cooking for a crowd.  I live with my daughter and my son had been staying with us some nights for a while, so I was making food thinking they would be eating it too and they rarely did, for one reason or another.  So I am going to be cooking for one.  I can handle that.

That’s it for today, but I’m happy to report GOOD NEWS for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl