Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Trying to Hold It Together

I'm trying to hang on here.  I do pretty good for a couple of days and then have a bad day.  Today has been pretty good.

I'm really struggling with the headaches and that makes me want to comfort myself with food.  I went to a concert with my boss and a coworker the other night and my coworker took a picture of me.  Yuck.  I looked at that picture when I was tempted today.  Here's how the day has gone.

I really wanted to get back on track today.  I had a couple of Atkins shakes left from sometime in the past and I decided I would use those instead of MF shakes, since I like them much better (don't like them, but they are much better than the MF ones).  I had one of those for breakfast and a MF snack bar for midmorning snack.  I now have 3 candy bowls close to me at work and I slipped up and had 2 chocolates from a candy bowl.  That's when I started using the picture for motivation.  So I had a shake for lunch, along with 2 cuties oranges.  I was struggling mid-afternoon, so went ahead and had my snack bar.  That candy bowl kept tempting me, but I managed to stay away from it.  By late afternoon I was pretty hungry.  I decided it would be better to have another MF snack bar than to give in, so did that.  I did not have anything ready to cook for dinner and didn't want to get home and mess up, so I stopped at Subway and got a sandwich and some baked chips.  I think that was much better than things I might have gotten into at home.  Since I had 2 snack bars this afternoon, no evening snack tonight.  I do plan to have a piece of fruit, if I need to.  So, not a perfect MF day, by any means, but much better.  I can lose weight on what I ate today (albeit slowly).  It always helps to get a positive day behind me.  I will see if I can do even better tomorrow.

I did not do a good job with grocery shopping this week.  I thought I had chicken left, but I guess I didn't.  I need to get some more.  I will look through my freezer and see if I've got other things for tomorrow.  I do not have a car available to go get anything tonight.  If I don't, I will pick up something at a restaurant downstairs tomorrow before they close after lunch.  I need to be prepared for success in my current state of motivation.

That's it for tonight.  Just trying to hold it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl