Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Smooth Day, Knock on Wood

I finished the evening last night without eating outside of plan.  In fact, I never had my last shake.  But I had eaten a few craisins earlier, so that probably evened out calorie-wise.  I know it sounds like I am falling off plan with the craisins a lot, and technically I am, but if that keeps me from having an all-out stumble, I am okay.  I am eating few enough calories that I still have a good weight loss.  Last time my carb cravings got pretty bad, the longer I was on Medifast.  This takes care of that craving a little bit.

I am having such a hard time facing the shakes at the end of the day that I decided to start my day with one today, instead.  That way my after-dinner snack is not something I dread.  I will have to rethink whether buying shakes in my second shipment is a good idea.  Or at least not 2 a day.  Yuck. I am thinking about using Atkins shakes instead of Medifast.  They taste so much better.  I will have to study nutritional content first.

I need to be careful to drink my water today, so that is a focus.  I will drink some down each time I go to the restroom until I have had enough.

I have now had my lunchtime shake, so I am done with the shakes for today.  Yay!  I also had some cuties oranges.  Sometimes you just need something to get that taste out of your mouth.  I don't really enjoy chocolate shakes that much anyway, even when done with the "bad stuff," but I have to chug th MF ones to get them down.

Later

I am home now and have had my dinner. I forgot to thaw anything out, so Stephanie picked us up some salads at Chick-Fil-A.  My, that tasted so good!  She remembered to get me grilled chicken this time.  I feel surprisingly satisfied.  I bit later I will have my MF pancake and if I need anything else, I will have some celery sticks.  Today has gone smoothly and I hope it finishes out that way.

I'm trying to get back to reading some blogs.  I hid from those, too, last year.  Which is silly because they probably would have helped.  I just wasn't there mentally after my hysterectomy.  I'm starting with Holly's blog.  It always inspired me a lot.

That's it for tonight.  I'm feeling pretty strong, so I think I will be fine (knock on wood).  Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog. You are so pretty! I never could do the shakes - the upset my stomach over time. Do you like shakes? Would you be drinking them if you weren't doing a weight loss plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I would not be doing shakes without the weight loss plan (except for a real shake once in a blue moon). I know this is not lifestyle. If you read enough of my recent posts, you will know that I am trying to get back on track and get pain under control. That is the reason for doing Medifast, but will only be doing it a couple of months. Then it's on to a more lifestyle oriented plan.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl