Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

Hoping 90% is Enough

Thursday

Well, I did end up having a stumble last night.  I just did not want a shake.  I should have had one at work.  When I got home, I decided I was going to have a 100-calorie container of yogurt and some frozen cherries instead of a shake, which I did.  I had worked until 8:30 p.m. and for some reason, I keep slipping into withdrawal before time to take my medicine again, so I was dealing with that.  I had me a big bowl of oatmeal.  Could have been much worse, of course, but I attribute the stumble to those things.  Next time, I need to drink that shake down before I leave.  Although, really, I think it was the working late (again) and withdrawal that caused it more than anything.

Back to it today.  Actually, I am already at work and have not had breakfast yet.  My boss called early this morning and asked me to get to work early.  So I had to hurry things up and get to the office.  I decided I would have a shake for breakfast and my usual MF pancake for after-dinner snack this time, since those fit my time constraints better.  I haven’t had time to drink the shake yet, but will.

I certainly thought things would slow down a bit since our case is not going to trial, but there has been extra work getting final papers done.  Hopefully it will settle down after this week.  I certainly don’t mind staying late sometimes, but this every night thing gets old.  I always like it when I get my paycheck, though.  It's just tough because I am always hungry by the time I go home.

I got on the scale this morning and had only done a little damage.  I can’t let one stumble affect my day going forward.

Friday

That’s as far as I got yesterday.  It was a busy day.

Yesterday went down like this:  I was really busy for a while after getting here in the morning, so I had my snack bar first.  After 11:00, I was getting really hungry, so I had a shake.  I waited maybe an hour longer and a shake was not enough to take care of the hunger that built up, so I drank my lunch shake and had some raw veggies.  That made it settle down, finally.  Then, late afternoon, I had a snack bar.

I actually almost did the same thing last night as the night before.  I didn’t work late, but I went home and had my L&G meal.  As the night went on after that, I kept thinking about wanting something else and actually got to the point where I was planning to after my daughter went to bed.  She kept staying up, and by the time she did go, I fought with myself a little and thought, “Oh well, I will just go to bed.”  So I did.  I totally forgot that I could have had a MF pancake for my evening snack.  I was still munchy after dinner and ate a few craisins.  I never did have the pancake.  But I never had the oatmeal either, so that was good.  Hopefully today will be a more normal day.  Tomorrow is weigh-in, so that is good motivation.

I have not been drinking enough water this week.  I need to do better at that.

I still seem to be trying to slip into withdrawal easily.  That was part of my problem last night.  I hope that lets up soon.

Later

I keep floundering in my mind.  I have not acted upon it, but I keep having thoughts of eating outside of plan.  I gave myself a pep talk – I can do this! – and I think I am okay now.  I am glad tomorrow is my off-day.  It’s not that I want to go out and eat a lot.  It’s just that I want something different than these MF foods.  That gets really old.  But I do like the result, so I have no plans of quitting before my vacation.  Certainly not before I use up the food I bought.

Still Later

It's almost bedtime.  I've struggled all evening but the only thing I have given in to is a few craisins.  It's partly this danged withdrawal.  I makes me munchy and I'm already kind of hungry all the time.  I think I've done pretty well, all things considered.  I don't know why it makes you want to eat all the time, but it does.

I did better on my water today.  I probably should drink down some more before going to bed.

We'll see how weigh-in goes tomorrow.  I have definitely stayed on track 90% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl