Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

66 Days and Counting

I had a post typed up at work and didn't get it posted.  But, after work, something was made clear to me.

I worked until 8:30.  By then, I was starving.  REALLY HUNGRY.  So as soon as my boss gave me the word, I lit out of there.  It's a longer walk home when I work late because I have to exit the back of the building and go all the way around instead of coming out the front door and straight down the street.  There are also some steps going up out of the building.  I was walking home and the wind was blowing so hard, it almost stopped me in my tracks.  I got about 3/4 of the way home and started feeling for my keys.  Then it hit me, I left them on my desk.  I was trying to think of a way I would not have to go back, but Steph wasn't home and even if I could get in the building, I couldn't unlock my door without them.  So I turned around and went back.  I came back to those steps and had to go down this time.  Going down steps is much more painful even than going up stairs, so I was slow navigating those.  I went back up to the 25th floor, got my keys and back down again, back up the steps, and then the walk home against the wind again.  I honestly didn't feel like I was going to make it.  I was hurting really badly by then, I was breathing hard and my heart was pounding.  I was also sweating since I was wearing a jacket I really did not need, but needed to take home so I will have it tomorrow.

I can't believe how hard that was on me.  And I'm taking a trip to New York City in 2 months.  There is no way I could do what I want to do in NYC if doing what I did tonight was that hard on me.  I knew it would be difficult, but....  So onward I go. 

I was on plan today.  The only deviation I had was that I had 3 snack bars instead of 2 for the day (you are supposed to limit yourself to 2) since I got so hungry tonight.  But I didn't have an extra meal.  I also had 2 peppermints when working with my boss because my breath was kickin'!

I'm going to start counting down to vacation, so after today it is 65 days and counting!  That is how long I plan to do Medifast.  I may do it for one week afterward if I feel like I need to, to make up for vacation eating.  This is my first vacation since 1998, so I am NOT going to diet on my vacation.  We plan to share meals a lot, so we can try a lot of things, but I don't plan to stuff myself all the time.  But I'm not going to deprive myself either.  I plan to get right back to some kind of plan as soon as I get back.

That's it.  Another day in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl