Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Fight for Life

I finally got my new med.  They had to order it and it only just came in.  Since they want you only using one pharmacy, I needed to wait for this one, since it is steps away from my loft.

I took my first one after work and then headed out to the grocery store (which I couldn't get myself to do this weekend -- too much pain).  I do think it helped more than my other med.  And usually if I can get the pain to settle down, I get on a better track.  I like that I can use this every 4 hours, if needed.   The other always wore off a little after 4 hours, but I could only take it every 6.

I started on a particular eating plan, which I will not talk about specifically until I get some days (weeks) under my belt.  I need to get off sugar, get a good start on weight loss, and get my motivation back on track.

After watching The Biggest Loser last week (or maybe it was the week before), it really got to me.  I need to be looking at this like I am fighting for my life.  I may not be quite there yet, but if I don't get going, I certainly will be.  I am definitely fighting for my mobility.  This is serious and I have been putting it off, like I have all the time in the world.  I don't.  I would also kind of like to have a more enjoyable life for the years I have left, than the way it has been the last  2-3 years.  I had begun to wonder if my head would ever quit hurting.  I could not make it stop.  Even when I slept.  I wasn't conscious that it was hurting, but as soon as I woke up, there it would be.  And sometimes I had difficulty going back to sleep.  Just think about one of your worst headaches (not a migraine, but a fairly bad tension headache).  Now imagine your head hurting like that pretty much all day, for weeks.  That's how it has been.  And I have to keep going, regardless.  I need a break.  I'm worn out all the time.

One thing I forgot to pick up at the store was a mouth guard.  I feel sure that will help.  My teeth are kind of sore and I know it is from clinching them at night.

That's it for today.  Fighting for my life -- that needs to be my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl