Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day Two, Check

Day 2 is underway.  It is 10:15 a.m. and time to eat my second meal.  Again, I am not even hungry.
 
Breakfast was some egg “muffins” we made using Egg Beaters, turkey sausage and some sautéed veggies.  We cooked them in muffin tins and just grab 2 or 3 (they are small) and warm them up when we need them.  I had some watermelon to go with that.  I had it in my mind that I wasn’t going to like the muffins.  Because it wasn’t “real” eggs and it was turkey sausage, I figured they weren’t going to be good.  I kind of had to force myself to try them.  But they were actually pretty good.  Not as good as the Ham and Swiss Pie from yesterday (which has real eggs and some LF cheese), but not bad.  I can only have egg whites or Egg Beaters on high carb days, so that was why we did that.
 
On high carb days I am supposed to have a protein and a carb with every meal.  If you are still hungry, then you fill up on veggies, but protein and carbs come first.  No fats to speak of on high carb days (he says you would have too many calories if eating both carbs and fats).  You get fats on low carb days, along with protein and veggies (make sure you get plenty of veggies on low carb days).
 
Meal 2 is some non-fat cottage cheese with fruit.  So glad I get to have fruit today!  That was actually really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 
I caught a couple of glimpses of myself in the glass doors of my entertainment center this morning as I was getting ready.  Suffice it to say, I was not pleased with what I saw.  But I at least feel better that I am getting started again and hopefully that image will improve in the coming weeks.  Just wish I could work out like a fiend.  But just getting going in the right direction helps my motivation immensely.
 
Tomorrow I have four doctors’ appointments and one of them will be for two different issues (shoulders and knees).  It’s going to be a long day.  A couple are just follow-ups to keep the medications current.  But I have things to talk about with all of them.  I hope to get a couple of injections (knee and shoulders) and hopefully that will make me feel some better.  I sure wish I could make these headaches settle down.  I have started using my occipivot I bought and it does seem to help.  It will probably take a while for it to do more good long-term.  That basically works on the area of my neck at the base of the skull.  There is another device in the same system called the cervical pivot, which works lower down in the neck.  I want to get that soon, because I have a lot of neck tightness and soreness there too.  There are also parts for the thoracic spine and lumbar spine.  I plan to get all of them eventually.  They have good reviews.  It just does some of what the massage therapist would do for me and helps everything properly and improves your posture.
 
I feel very tired this afternoon.  I don’t know what’s up with that except that I am having to take muscle relaxants.  Again for the headaches and neck issues.
 
Lunch today was fajitas made on corn tortillas.  It included 2 corn tortillas, fajita steak and veggies, one thin slice of cheese split between the two tortillas, pico de gallo and salsa.  It tasted good and was satisfying.  I also brought a peach with me, but it didn’t out to be a good one, so I did not eat much of it.  I ended up eating the banana I brought for my afternoon meal, so will not have that to go with my Greek yogurt.
 
Dinner was some fajita steak, a baked potato and a little bit of salad with chipotle vinaigrette.  I also had a little more fixed fruit.
 
So, Day 2 is done and I am feeling good.  Tomorrow is another low carb day.
 
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl