Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Stocking Up

I am gearing up to really get going.  I have been doing better, but I needed the groceries to really get started on carb-cycling.  I bought a load from Costco today and will get the rest of what I need tomorrow to stock up.  Going to both places was too much for one day.  I am planning a low-carb day tomorrow.  Monday will be high-carb with a cheat meal.  I know that is soon, but we have plans for Labor Day that were already made.  The slow plan on carb cycling allows you to have a cheat meal every other day.  I know that is not advisable, but that is one reason I chose this.  I thought, if nothing else, I could do the slow plan. If I'm struggling, I would know that even if I can't have something today, I can have it tomorrow.  I really want to get started on a faster plan, but that is there if I need it.

I plan to get started on the recumbent bike Tuesday morning.  Today I did a lot of walking and will tomorrow too.  Monday I plan to be in the pool a little bit and am going to do some stretching, etc. then.  And maybe some treading water, which will be a little cardio.  I still haven't gotten through the exercise part of Chris Powell's book, so need to do that.  I won't be able to do everything he recommends.  I do want to start on some core exercises for my back's sake and a lot of stretching, which I think will help my pain levels.  I just need to get going on some sort of routine.

I still feel a little weak-willed, but I need to remember, "There is no try -- just do or don't do."   It's time to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl