Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More Wedding Happenings and Over the Hump


I pretty much ate as planned yesterday (except for some hard candies out of the candy bowl).  Today is not starting out so well.  I’m just so darned tired.  I don’t know why I’m not sleeping well right now, but I think I will try some melatonin tonight and see if that helps.  I just want to get caught up.  One thing that is happening is my cat is waking me up.  Usually it is early morning (like around 5:00 a.m.), and I get up and give him some wet food and he settles down in not too long.  This morning it was about 1:15 a.m.  After that, I slept very fitfully.  My covers, sheets and mattress pad are coming off the bed, I was so restless.  I just need to get caught up.  The weekend cannot come too soon.

 

Some more happenings at the wedding:

 

My ex was there.  We were a little nervous that he would make a scene.  He had texted Bethany the week before wondering why no one had talked to him about walking her down the aisle.  She had to tell him that he would not be doing that.  I kind of expected that he would be okay – his mother hates any kind of a scene and he was always very aware of that.  He behaved very well.  I talked to him for quite a while, mostly about memories of our kids’ childhoods (his current wife was in on the conversation).  I felt very confident and made it a point to talk with him.  No matter what he has done, I can still be gracious and polite.  I have nothing to be ashamed of or feel insecure about.

 

Another thing that happened is after the wedding, my family left – most of them had a drive and had to be at work the next day.  Both of my sisters and their husbands had helped with setup, as well as Tom’s family and extended family.  After the wedding, Tom’s mother came up to me and said she was going to need me to get my family to come back because we were responsible for tearing everything down and cleaning the place up.  No one had told me that ahead of time.  Of course, I expected to help, along with my son and daughter, but I did not feel like I could ask my family to stay when no arrangement had been made ahead of time.  However, I knew that Tom’s family had worked very hard and I was not taking what they had done for granted.  I think Penie was just stressed about having to have her extended family help even more than they already had.  She came across as kind of rude, but I don’t think that was her intent.  I knew that there was no way I was going to call my family and tell them to turn around and come back.  I had just made up my mind that I would do all the work myself, if I had to.  My son had assured me that he would be there to help for the duration and, of course, I can always count on Stephanie to help.  As it turned out, Tom’s extended family was very gracious about staying and helping.  Everyone was just happy to give Tom and Bethany their day and no one complained (except one uncle who had gotten rip-roaring drunk – even though we served no alcohol at the wedding).  Because of all that, I did more than I should have.  I didn’t carry anything extremely heavy, but I folded up chairs and carried them and loaded stuff I could manage in the car.  I know my doctors would not approve, but I wasn’t going to sit around and let everyone else do the work.  I just couldn’t.  I felt pretty stressed and bad about it, but there was nothing else I could do.

 

Speaking of the uncle who got drunk, that was pretty bad.  Maybe their side of the family felt so bad about him, they were trying to compensate.  He kept trying to get Stephanie to hug him.  She hugged him once, but that was all she was going to do.  She doesn’t go around hugging just anyone (because of some things that happened to her when she was a child).  This guy told everyone who was around that she was the most “frigid” woman he had ever met.  My son told him to leave the ladies alone – that they didn’t like it – but he wouldn’t listen or stop.  There were some pretty stony looking faces around there (not at my son, but because they were embarrassed and mad about what the uncle had done).  Lol.

 

Stephanie and I have to go tonight and finish cleaning out a storage unit.  It’s the job that just won’t quit, and we can never find any help.  I’m so tired and don’t want to do this, but so is Steph, and it will go much quicker if we both do it.  I seem to have the never-ending headache right now and this is the last thing I want to do.  Ugh.

 

I’ll probably go on to bed after that.  I need to get rested.  At least we are over the hump of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl