Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Surgery Scheduled

The last few days have not been great eating-wise.  I think all the stuff with the pain finally got to me.  I was back on today.

The good news is, surgery is scheduled for next Friday, February 14 (Happy Valentines Day to me!).  I am glad.  I am so ready to feel a little better.  It will be what is called a foraminotomy.  Hopefully I can get back to at least walking again fairly soon.  Then on to other things after a while.  At least I hope to feel better for work and my daughter's wedding next month.

Sleep is eluding me tonight.  I have one-half a pain pill left after taking one before bed (and rationing the last few days).  That could be another reason I had eating troubles.  I don't know why the doctor's office cannot get their act together on getting refills done on a timely basis.  I even talked to my doctor's nurse at my appointment today.  She said something about having to go through a procedure if I was asking for an early refill.  But it is not early.  It's a couple of days late.  I finally took a second muscle relaxant.  I hated doing that because I will drag tomorrow.  But my pain is not under control and that is making sleep difficult.

I also heard back on my sonogram.  The cyst ("mass") is still there and they don't like the look of it.  They are referring me to an oncological surgeon and it will have to be removed.  That does not mean it is malignant.  They just have to make sure.  I am not worrying about this at this point.  I am quite sure it is nothing.  The ovarian cancer screening blood tests came out good.  I don't know the numbers yet, but she said my blood sugar is good, my cholesterol and all my other numbers are good.  The only thing that is low is my Vitamin D level (it is 17 and should be over 30).  So I have to get a supplement.  I will pick one up in the morning before work.

I watched The Biggest Loser finale tonight.  If you haven't watched it yet, I won't spoil it for you.  All I've got to say is -- too skinny.  Way too skinny.

That's all I've got today.  That was a lot to take in.

1 comment:

  1. Well hopefully this surgery will be what makes you feel 100% - hang in there!

    And yes, TOO SKINNY for sure! She looked gaunt and sick looking to me. :(

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl