Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Surgery #2 - Robotic Hysterectomy

I guess it is time for a post.

I just got home this afternoon from my second surgery, a robotic hysterectomy.  Everything looks good -- no surprises (as in no malignancy).  An interesting thing was that the back of my uterus was completely fused to my colon.  He had no idea how that might have happened, unless it happened after my C-Section.  My cervix was also completely encased in scar tissue, so he left it intact.  Again, no idea how or when that happened.  He mentioned endometriosis, but I have never had it -- never much pain with periods and everything always worked like clockwork.

I do think combining these two recovery times was a good idea.  I feel very good, all things considered, although I found out letting my pain med wear off this afternoon was not such a great idea.  And I am extremely bloated from the air they pump you up with for the surgery.  That's uncomfortable, but of course, will pass.  Haha.

I continue to feel great after my back surgery.  It did what I needed it to do and I am recovering wonderfully.  I think by a week from now, I will be feeling wonderful!  I just need to get through recovery and then life can go on and my plan to continue weight loss and get fit can move along.  I should start HRT in a week or so.  My sister, who started HRT in August, was telling me she has lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the school year, and she hasn't really been working on it.  So she believes there is a connection.  I am hopeful it will help my weight loss efforts move along a little easier.

That's all for today.  If anything is garbled, just remember I am one day out from surgery.  Lol.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the second surgery went well! Just take it easy - don't go overdoing it just yet. Have a great and restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, that's got to be a relief. The fact that you're thinking about getting back to the weight loss goal is good. At times like this that kind of thinking is very important. Take care and best wishes for a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl