Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

So.Ready.

It is so awesome to feel better.  Yes, I have a little back pain, but compared to what I was dealing with for the last few months, I feel awesome.  It's hard not to get up and do too much.  It's my first missed day of work other than the day of surgery, and I want to get up and clean house -- mop floors, etc.  Now I know I am not supposed to do that, and although I did a little of it, I made myself stop.  I've sent a request to my daughters that perhaps a little cleaning would be good -- cleaning up after my dog.  He uses pee pads a lot of the time and it needs to be cleaned up so things smell better.  Beth is off work today and she said she would take care of it.  So, I'm trying to let that go right now.  :)  I'll be glad when I can take him out for a walk more.  It's been a while since I have done that.

Steph is sick and had to go off to work anyway.  I hate to ask her for anything, but there are things I am not supposed to do, like bend down to get things, so I have to ask for help.  I don't like it, though.  I would rather they leave things where I can get them and, for the most part, do for myself.  I don't know why I have such a problem with that.  It's the asking I don't like.  I want them to know what needs to be done for me and just do it.  I guess that's kind of unreasonable, huh?

My left shoulder is still bothering me a lot.  Hopefully that will settle down as I get away from sleeping in the chair.  I slept in the bed last night -- flat on my back with pillows under my knees and my neck pillow supporting my neck and head.  I woke up at around 3:00 with a pretty hefty backache, but no sciatic pain.  I took some pain med and was able to go right back to sleep.  Hopefully that will ease up as I get further out from surgery.  But it's still so much better than what I was dealing with before.

I do think I would like to go see a doctor about my shoulder next week while I am off work.  Hopefully it will clear up with some anti-inflammatory medication or something -- at the most, an injection.  I am so ready to get back to working out and hopefully it won't be too long (I am talking weeks, not days), before I can do this.  I want to get back to being focused on working out and eating right instead of avoiding and dealing with pain.  So.ready.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling great this week - hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biz! I just got home from surgery #2. I feel great, all things considered. I guess it's time for a new blog post!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl