Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Happenings

Saturday

I think I am going to have to face the fact that the week I got down under 244 was a fluke.  The next week I was, at times, 13 pounds above that!  I don't get it, but it happened.  I know that had a lot to do with water retention, but I never have gotten back down below 245 since then.  This morning I weighed 247.6, which was 3 pounds less than I weighed last Saturday.  So I'll take it and just chalk the low weight from 2 weeks ago up to a fluke.

The good news is, I feel smaller today than I have at any time so far.  The apron of fat in my lower abdomen seems to be getting smaller, and I am happy about that.

I went through a bin of clothes in my closet last night -- one that I haven't been through in quite a while -- and there are clothes in there that I can now wear.  I can wear a "new" outfit every day next week!  At times I think I am never going to get down to a 14/16 -- I have so many clothes in that size -- but I know if I keep working at it, I will.  At least the plan I am on right now is working and is doable for me while I can't burn extra calories with a lot of exercise.

The biggest thing I hope will help me this week is that I am not going to eat any sweets on my off day.  Overindulging on that one day really pulls down my progress.  I will have things I don't normally eat -- particularly, some carbs -- but I want the amount I eat to be in control.

So, for breakfast this morning I had 2 slices of raisin toast with a little peanut butter spread on each, and a bowl of frozen (unsweetened) cherries.

We went to Uncle Uber's Sammich Shop for lunch.  I had a pulled pork sandwich, which had coleslaw on it, with some fries.  I couldn't quite eat all of it and I was very full.  It was very yummy!

Sunday

That's all I got written on Saturday.

I got on the recumbent bike Saturday morning.  I felt twinges while I was on it, but the sciatic nerve never fired. I did about 15 minutes and 2.65 miles (I kept stopping because I was in an instant message conversation with someone, so that pulled my miles down). However, I felt very sore when I first got up this morning.  Not like muscle sore, but "fire going through your bones" sore, which is the nerve.  I seemed to do okay the rest of today, but am definitely walking like an old woman like I have been lately.  I think I will try it again in the morning and see how I do.

The rest of my eating yesterday consisted of some popcorn, some hot chocolate, a couple of more slices of toast with peanut butter, and a few nuts.  I never had a real dinner.

I weighed when I got up this morning and I weighed less than I did yesterday.  And that was without taking my BP med yesterday or drinking much water.  That is good, because usually I spend half the week trying to recover from my off day weight-wise.  Hopefully I will have a good loss next Saturday.

My youngest daughter, who has been out of town for the past week, called (they are back in town, but she had not gotten home yet) and asked if we wanted to go eat at the restaurant in Arlington where my son is the Manager.  So we did that.  It is a higher end steak place.  They have a new lunch menu, which has a smaller selection than they have in the evening.  Today was not a carb day, so I wanted to be careful.  I did not eat anything this morning.  I had slept late and I wanted to be careful in case I overdid at lunch.  I had the sirloin salad, which was a mixed green salad with sliced sirloin on it.  It also had grilled squash, asparagus and tomatoes in it, topped with a blue cheese vinaigrette.  Oh yeah, it also had some grilled potato wedges.  It was only two small wedges, and I did eat those.  I had my hot chocolate this afternoon and I just had a chocolate Atkins shake (a little before 7:00 p.m.), so I am on track for a good day today.

Tomorrow is another day which will be outside of routine.  My boss is taking me and some other girls from the office to a nice restaurant downtown.  We usually do this before Christmas, but he was sick on the day we planned on it, so we had to reschedule.  I will just switch my day around and have my usual dinner for lunch and a shake at dinner.  I plan to eat a steak (or other protein) and vegetables, and stay from  carbs.  Meeting my goal is much more important to me than pigging out at lunch.  I'll tell you tomorrow how I did.

My neck, shoulders and arms are really not happy with me.  It's sleeping in the chaise.  I think I'm going to try the bed again, elevated this time.  My neck needs a break.  I hope when I get the injection it will at least allow me to sleep in the bed again.  I am so ready to be through with this.  So ready.

That's it for this weekend.  Here comes Monday again.  Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. The steak salad was a great choice - great job! I've never had nerve problems, but I can see how that would be awful - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Biz! At least I am learning to handle it knowing what and what not to do.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl