Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Things Are Going Well, All Things Considered

Day 3 is going well.  I am amazed that I have not been hungrier or had more cravings the last 3 days.  And the plan is having its intended effect of taking my focus off of food.  When I am hungry, I drink a shake.  It's not about "what do I want to eat?" but taking care of physical hunger.

I did a little housecleaning this morning, but otherwise have been resting. I have felt a little twinge-y, at times, and my hip felt close to the start of the pain I had on Friday, but it never has fully fired like I did then.  Resting and hydrating -- that's what I'm trying to do.  We will see how I do at work tomorrow.

While resting, I have been helping my daughter with a wedding project.  I have cut out I cannot tell you how many fabric circles for a project for her wedding decorations.  I was glad to be able to participate and help her during this special time.  But my right hand is going to be sore tomorrow, lol.

I have been thinking that I need to get some type of exercise to keep from getting more flabby by doing what I am doing.  I will try to do some hand weights (things that will not set off my back issues), and after I have gone a few days without having the sciatic issue so bad, I will try to get on my recumbent bike with a very low resistance.  And get going on some core work, when I can.

That's it for today.  Things are going well, all things considered.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing and should be so proud of yourself :) Have you ever read up on the Marshmallow test? It changed my perspective on how to focus on anything other than food, amazing read.

    J

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl