Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I've Come a Long, Long Way

I'm definitely hungry this morning.  That's the thing -- when you don't eat that much one day, you are probably going to feel it the next day.  I drank my shake, ate a few nuts, and am drinking down my water.  So far, that is doing it for me.

Does anyone else get cold easier when you are eating fewer calories?  I do, sometimes.  I am shivering this morning.  I think I will drink some hot tea.  That always helps with hunger, too.

My "cubie" at work has a bad cold -- sniffing and sneezing and coughing.  I am praying I don't catch it.  Seems like it would be a good idea to stay home.  I certainly don't want it.

Something I am noticing about my body lately -- even though I am getting smaller, I feel "squishier."  I need to work out.  I meant to do some arm work this morning, but didn't have time.  I need to get set on doing that and make time for it.  I can do it seated, which I think will keep my back from getting involved.

Later

This is the best day, pain-wise, I have had in weeks.  I am encouraged.  I am going to do 15 minutes on the recumbent bike in the morning on an easy setting and see how it feels.  I have started my arm work and will do more as the evening progresses.

I have had a good day, eating-wise, sticking to my plan.  I am motivated.  Two things that are motivating me (in addition to the other things):  (1) I am less than 20 pounds from 100 pounds lost; and (2) I have 6 bins of clothing in my closet, most of which are size 14W-16W, and some small 18s.  Not only do I want to get into the clothes, but I also want the bins cleared out of my closet.  I hope to be in a lot of them in the next couple of weeks.

I posted on Facebook the picture from last Saturday night alongside a picture from where I started.  I wanted to criticize the new picture, because I am not where I want to be yet, but seeing it up next to the old one put it in a whole new perspective.  I have come a long, long way.  I am about halfway to where I want to be, but we will see when I get there.  160 pounds is my goal right now.  Not so small that it would be super-hard to maintain, but small enough (I am fairly tall) where I will look nice and it should be small enough for my joints, back, etc.



I am totally out of my BP med with the diuretic and have no refills.  So my weight may show that this week.  I am drinking more water and going to the bathroom a lot, so I hope that helps compensate.

That's it for tonight.  Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! You should be so proud of yourself!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Biz! I'm feeling good about my progress!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl