Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Big Goal in Sight

It hit me today that I am almost to 80 pounds (total) lost.  (I had lost some before starting my blog.)  I have dropped to a new low, but won't report my official weigh-in until Saturday, and intend to post some progress pictures too.  What's more, I now weigh less than one of my daughters.  I don't want it to stay that way (in other words, I want her to be successful too), but I can't stop doing what I need to do just to make her feel better in that respect.

I stayed home today.  My neck was bothering me and it tends to do that more sleeping on the chaise vs. the bed.  So I slept in the bed last night.  Today I was having sciatic pain just sitting, so thought it best to take another day of rest.  I think I do better, right now, sleeping on the chaise, as far as my lower back is concerned.  I just have to be careful to not rest on my elbows when sleeping on the chaise -- that's what bothers my neck.  I intend to go back to work tomorrow.  I hope I'm over the worst of it.  I should be having my MRI on or around the 15th.

Today was another good day on my plan.  I am making good progress.  I have to wonder if just the weight I have lost this week has made a difference on the sciatica.  I started on Friday, and although I did not weigh before I started, I know I have lost a LOT of water weight this week.  Weight is weight when it puts pressure on your spine, so I believe this has helped, not to mention doing better about hydrating myself.  We will see how I do when I get back to work tomorrow.

I may alternate weeks of doing this eating plan leading up to the wedding.    Or I may just do what I had been doing 6 days a week -- a shake for breakfast and lunch, supplemented by some cheese and/or nuts, and then a regular low carb dinner.  I don't worry about the calories too much on dinner.  But that kept my calories low enough to where I was losing pretty well, and yet I had an enjoyable meal every day.  The other day I would increase my carbs to a moderate level, just to keep from getting too bored.

I really hope that within a couple of weeks, I will be into the 14/16 blouses that are in the bins in my closet.  Mostly I just want to keep moving fairly steadily.

Knowing that the 100-pound mark is getting pretty close, that is something I will be working toward.  I should be able to do that before the wedding, if I work really hard.  But I've learned that you never know what's going to happen, so it's just a goal, not something that will make me feel like a failure if I don't make it by then.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl