Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to Work

I'm back at work today.  It's about 10:00 a.m.  Sometimes when I stay home and I start to feel better, I feel guilty about taking off.  But, although my nerve has not fired like it was, I can tell I am still not in very good shape.  I think the time off was much needed.  I just pray the present pain is all I will have.  I can handle this.  I cannot handle the lightning going down my leg like it was.

My weight continues to drop.  And my work clothes were noticeably looser this morning.  The temptation is to go back to my recent habits -- like drinking a Diet 7-Up instead of water -- but I resisted.  I feel sure hydration was part of the problem.

Something does feel quite different than it did a few weeks ago.  For example, Sunday I was up doing a few things, just to try to keep moving.  When I sat down, my low back area actually throbbed -- a lot.  I have never had that happen before.  It was not a comfortable feeling.  I either have an extremely bad flare-up, or something has gotten worse.  I have scheduled an MRI for Wednesday, January 15.  I guess we will know more what's what after that.

But, as I have said, I want to see if weight loss will help.  If weight loss will help, I need it to help now.  So that is why I am continuing the liquid diet.  I do feel more tempted than when I was at home.  That's unusual -- I usually do better when I am back to routine.  But pain continues to be a very good motivator.

Later

I'm home now.  I got kind of "twinge-y" in my right leg today.  It was the left leg before.  I'm not sure what that means, except that the nerve leading to both legs is being pinched.  My lower back was quite sore today -- much more sore than it has ever been before.

I stuck with my plan today, but right before I went home, I was getting pretty hungry.  I thought about eating an Atkins meal just for tonight.  When I got home, my daughter had made some roasted Brussels sprouts.  I decided to have some of those and a few almonds instead of my shake for tonight.  It tasted good!  And I doubt it had much, if any, more calories than the shake (I would have had a few almonds anyway).

My daughters are out tonight, so I have the house to myself.  I like that every once in a while.

I didn't get as much water in today, but I am about to start drinking some down.  I never did have the Diet 7-Up, though.

They accidentally scheduled my MRI for tomorrow evening instead of a week from tomorrow.  I told them I didn't have the money until the 15th and they said as long as I could pay $20, they would take payments.  So, MRI is tomorrow evening and we can see if anything different is going on than before.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl