Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weigh-In

Saturday

I'm popping in real quick to say I reached a new low on my weight this morning.  I weigh 245.8 -- .6 pound down from my previous low.  And that was after two meals out yesterday.  It just goes to show, if you be careful, eating real food, you can get the job done.

I'm having my higher carb day today -- nothing out of hand, but more of a normal day.  My daughter wanted biscuits and gravy.  No, I'm not going there.  Breakfast was sausage and a cheese omelet.  And some SF hot chocolate.  I was starving when I got up this morning.  I slept until 10:00 this morning.  I didn't go to sleep until almost one -- I was kind of wound up from last night's events.  :)  I have good feelings about this -- kind of like coming home.  But I will take it slowly and see what happens.  More later.  I need to get some packing and cleaning done.

Sunday

I just realized I never got back to my post yesterday.  The city is kind of shut down because of the ice and we ordered pizza and salad and had it delivered.  I have to admit to having a cupcake later.  But the day was not excessive overall and I am back to it today.

This morning I actually had my leftovers from Friday evening, which was 3 bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with cheese and jalapeno.  Since I slept late, that will hold me until lunchtime.

I started my round of Prednisone today.  We are counting down to moving day and there is a lot of work to do, so I need all the help with pain I can get.  I hope it doesn't make my appetite way out of whack.  I know one side effect can be increased appetite.

I am filled with hopefulness about the future.  I have a feeling that something I have wanted for a long time is finally beginning to come to pass.  But I will take things slow and see how things progress.

My friend runs marathons and works out religiously.  I misspoke when I said he had lost 100 pounds -- he has lost over 150 pounds!  So he knows what is involved in my struggles.  I already feel motivated to get going on a fitness regimen that will work with my physical limitations.  He also had back surgery years ago, so he understands that kind of pain.  He told me to start with a plank, doing one for 30 seconds.  He said hold it until I am shaky and can't hold it anymore.  Do that every day and my core strength will build, which is important to low back issues.  Of course that is just one piece of the puzzle, but start with that.  He is going to be really good for me, both in encouragement and educating me on what has worked for him.  Of course, that is only one part of why I am excited about this relationship.  But I feel like he is someone with whom I can reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sheryl!! I'm so happy for you. On Prednisone, I was told it increases both hunger and thirst. Maybe drink lots of water to help with hunger?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl