Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ice Storm is Upon Us

Just a short post.  I worked from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and had no time for getting any thoughts down during the work day.

I had another good day, following my current plan.  I even did fine working so late.  Two tempting situations occurred.  I had to man the switchboard at lunch today and there is a bowl of hard candies at the front desk.  Those are what got me going on sugar again the first time.  I had thoughts of "just one won't hurt," but I fought it off and didn't have any.  Later, when I was working late and no one was around, I had to pass by the candy bowl in the mail room several times (full of fun size candy bars) and the temptation came to have "just one" since I was working so late and hadn't eat much all day.  But I said no and stuck with the plan.

My tummy has been out of sorts all day in one way (I will spare you the TMI) and it didn't make staying late fun, that's for sure.  Plus we have an ice storm beginning tonight.  Everyone hurried home, but my boss kept me late just in case we couldn't get there tomorrow.  I only live a block and a half away, after all (and he took me home).  The firm is closed tomorrow, but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't have to go to work.

As I have been, I had a stick of cheese when I got up and an Atkins shake for breakfast and lunch.  I had a few cashews during the day.  Surprisingly, I wasn't overly hungry when I got home -- I mean, not starving, but still hungry.  My daughter had made me some eggs with sausage and cheese.  It was yummy!  Nobody is eating the breakfast meat at breakfast right now, so I told her to fix some for dinner so it won't go to waste.  I love breakfast sausage any time of the day.  I had an apple to finish off my day.

My official weigh-in day is Saturday, so we will see how my weight is doing then.  Also, I will finally try to get some pictures this weekend, since my daughters are here to help me out with that.  I haven't updated in a long time.

That's it.  I'm going to try to stay warm and hopefully enjoy a "snow day" (but it's really ice).  That's North Texas for you.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you resisted the temptations! I am learning this as I continue my journey as well. For me "just one" is never really "just ONE"


    SlimIntoONEderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl