Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What Next?

I'm at the "hospital" with Steph, where she is getting a colonoscopy.  I am praying for answers.

Steph came down from her apartment this morning and her car has apparently been stolen.  This kind of stuff in her life (and mine) needs to stop.  Sometimes you wonder what in the world is going on.  She is quite upset.  It is fully insured, but she doesn't want to go through all this hassle.  Can you blame her?

No workout this morning, since I had to be dressed for work and off by 6:15 a.m.  I didn't eat before leaving home.  Stephanie hasn't been able to eat solid food since Monday afternoon, so she wants to stop somewhere and eat well when we get done with this.  I wanted to save some calories for that.

Later

I'm done with Stephanie's business, thank the Lord.  I really didn't need this added to my schedule.

I had another massage today.  She's always on me about clenching my butt, lol.  I've been paying more attention to it when I am standing, but got to wondering if I do it when sitting too.  I'm usually busy thinking about something else when sitting at my desk, so I don't think about it.  Today, I paid attention.  Sure enough, I am perpetually clenching my butt.  Gah!  Do you know how hard it is to make yourself stop doing that when you do it all the time without thinking?  This is going to sound weird, and kind of funny, but I decided to do a search on the internet to see if there was any advice on how to make yourself stop doing this.  You know what I found?  Butt clenching exercises.  In other words, things that encourage you to clench your butt so it will be nice and tight.  (It works pretty well, by the way.  Lol.)  All I know to do is, every time I realize I am clenching, make myself stop.  It's difficult.  But it is causing me so many problems.

We ended up going to IHOP after Stephanie's appointment.  I got a "Colorado Omelet," which has a lot of different kinds of meat and cheddar cheese.  It was huge!  I ate half of it and took the rest in a to-go box.  Steph told me that IHOP adds pancake batter to the egg mixture to make their omelets "fluffy."  I told them not to do that.  The server said, "You mean you want real eggs?"  Yes, I want real eggs.  (!)   It came with a side of whatever carby stuff you wanted.  Stephanie wanted me to order French toast with mine, and she ate it.

That was supposed to last me until dinner time.  I got fairly full, but at 4:45, I'm a little hungry.  However, I want to cut my calories today, Thursday and Friday and see if I can get a good loss.  I don't want to get bogged down for several weeks with only little to no weight loss each week.  I am not cutting them drastically; just a little more, and making sure I don't eat too many nuts and other little bad habits like that.  I really want to look as good as possible in that Mother of the Bride (MOB for future reference) dress.  I really want  to.  I also really want to start dating, and want to not only look as good as possible when I do that, and feel confident, but I want my pain issues to improve so they don't get in the way of any future relationship.  I don't want to be hobbling around like an old woman in front of my date.  Although the caliber of guy I am looking for would not place too much importance on that.  But if we want to go for a bike ride or a long walk, I don't want to be held back.

I did not eat until I got home.  Dinner was pesto and cheese stuffed chicken and a small salad.  I had a few almonds after that -- no more than a serving.  That's it for today.

That's it for today.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl