Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Change On the Way

Time is moving on quickly.  I can't believe we are already through the first week in November.  I must not waste any time if I am to reach my goal by the wedding.

I got up and got busy fairly quickly this morning.  My goal was to move around quite a bit before time for my workout to see if I could work a few kinks out, pain-wise, before getting started.  I did what I could to get rid of my headache, but was unsuccessful.  But then it went away during my workout.  That seems to happen most of the time.  It was back later, but....

I think this was my toughest workout yet, but that is not said in a negative way.  It felt good.  I felt like I worked my body plenty hard.  I did 40 minutes.  I think eating enough before my workout is one key to having the strength to do a harder workout.

I was running a little later than I wanted, so instead of eating my breakfast at home, I took it with me and ate after I got to work.  This helped it last longer into the day.  I had the rest of my omelet from IHOP yesterday (it was just a little less than half).  I wanted to make sure I got full enough, so I also had one link of chicken sausage.  "Lunch" was a serving of almonds and two dill pickle spears, each wrapped with a slice of cheese and some smoked turkey (lunch meat).  That lasted until I got home, although my tummy was growling before I left work.  I forgot to thaw out any meat, so I had another serving of Ham & Swiss Pie and a link of chicken sausage for dinner.

I ordered some sugar free Torani syrup in four different flavors and it came in today.  Tonight I am making some ice cream using the brown sugar cinnamon flavor Torani.  Instead of using half milk, half cream like the recipe says, this time I am trying it with all cream.  I followed my usual practice of mixing up the mixture in the mixer, then pouring it into my Kitchenaid ice cream freezer bowl, putting in the dasher and starting it up.  This time, it was already frozen enough around the edges when I got the dasher in that the dasher would not turn.  I had to pour the mixture back into the mixing bowl and use warm water to get the mixture that was frozen around the edge out, but the dasher back in and start it turning and then pour the mixture in.  First check and it was not setting up as fast as usual, probably because I warmed the bowl a little with the warm water.  Hopefully it will set up enough and I will finish it in the freezer.  This should have less carbs than what I usually make.  I need to be careful, though, to just have half-cup servings to keep my calories in check.  I don't make the ice cream very sweet because it has less Splenda aftertaste when I do that.  But it satisfies a craving for something sweet and creamy.

Does anyone have an recipes using SF Torani syrups?  I have plenty to last me a while, that's for sure.

I meant to make me up a little sign on my computer at work to hang up at home that reminds me what I need to do when I get bored or lonesome in the evening.  I have plenty to do, including cleaning and more working out I could do.  I tend to get sleepy when I get still.

There has been an interesting development in the situation with my daughters.  I don't remember how much I have said about it, but they have had all kinds of problems with the management at the apartments where they live.  Some pretty ridiculous stuff, I think.  We were going to go after them for towing my daughter's car (long story). My bosses agreed with me that the situation was something we should go after them about and were going to help.  After Stephanie's car got stolen yesterday, we filed a police report.  Stephanie looked up the report online today and found out there have been two other cars stolen there since August, and multiple burglaries, etc.  The thing is, the management has done nothing to warn its residents about all this and I believe they have a duty to do so.  The girls have been lighting up different websites, leaving bad reviews about these apartments, and posting messages on the FB page for the apartments.  They got a message from management today that they would allow them to move out early with no negative repercussions "since they were so unhappy there."  This is an answer to prayer!  I guess there is something to be said for all the negative press we were giving.

So, here's the thing.  Bethany, who is getting married in March, is going to stay with me until she gets married so she will have more funds to pay for her wedding.  I am not going to charge her rent, but she is going to do most of the cleaning, some cooking, walking my dog part of the time, etc.  It will be one way for me to contribute to the wedding without having to come up with the cash.  I will try to help some more, but this will help her a lot.

It is unclear at this point what Stephanie will do.  She has a couple of options she is looking into.  If something isn't worked out, she will put her furniture in storage and stay with me too until something else comes up.  I feel fairly confident that she will be able to take advantage of one of the options she is looking into, but if not....  The thing is, they cannot bring their dogs.  Stephanie is trying to find a home for her dog, Junior.  If you know someone in the area who might like this beautiful dog, let me know.  He needs lots of exercise, and preferably a good backyard to live in, instead of being an indoor dog.

Junior and Tucker

Junior is on the left.  Tucker is Bethany's dog.  Hopefully he can stay in her fiancĂ©'s back yard until they get married.  He is older and much less energetic, and therefore easier to handle.  Junior is not a year old yet, so is just a big pup.  He is part Lab, part Heeler, and part Pit-Bull.  If she can't find a home for him, she is going to have to take him to a shelter (hopefully a no-kill shelter).  Her health does not allow her to give him the attention he needs.

So, things are going to be different for a while.  Hopefully this will give me a little more time to focus on working out, etc.  I won't feel so bad about going to the gym at night (or in the morning), if Bethany is here with Cas some.  I am sure she and Tom will be over quite a bit, although they will go to his house too.  I may get a personal trainer for a few sessions and have them work me really hard (as much as I can handle with my limitations).  I just want to get as close to my goal as I can by March.  I don't mean my ultimate goal, but my goal for the wedding.  I had initially said I wanted to get to 190, but that was by May.  If I could get to 199 by the wedding, I would be ecstatic!  But that will take some very hard work!  It's a lofty goal, and if I don't get quite that far, that's fine.  It's something to work toward.  I do believe I am making progress this week.  I have to hold it together with my eating.

The ice cream set up decently.  I had a "runny" bowl (one-half cup) and put the rest in the freezer.  It doesn't have very strong brown sugar cinnamon flavor.  Maybe I could stir in a little cinnamon.   I also wouldn't mind adding a few walnuts to it. This ice cream is definitely creamier -- perhaps just a little too creamy.  Next time I might try it with one cup milk and 3 cups cream.  And I still want to try some ice cream made with almond milk.

I need to do some stretches tonight, so I will close.  Friday, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you getting the 40 minutes or working out in!!

    Check this link out - tons of recipes!

    I know it will be different having one or both girls back, but just remember its temporary!

    http://www.torani.com/recipes

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey^^
    when i tried to lose weight i learned a lot that surprised me. actually it´s quite easy when you avoid addictive foods and of course i felt the need to write about it ;) would mean a lot when you could read it, you will not be disappointed! :D thanks! http://thescienceofeverything.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/part-of-the-meal/

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl