Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Back to Basics

I braved the scale this morning.  I am up several pounds.  I know most of that is water weight, but it is difficult to see anyway.  I will be guzzling the water the next few days (which I need to do anyway).

If I can find time to get it set up, I think I am going to follow Atkins suggested meal plans so that will be sure to keep my volume in check.  The reason it will take some time is that their meal plans have the Atkins bars and shakes mixed in and I have to go through and exchange meals, since I am not using those things.  I also need to customize it with things I know I will eat.  For instance, they have a snack of olives and cheddar cheese.  I hate olives of any kind, so that won't be happening.  I have to exchange it for one of the other suggested meals I like.  That is the goal for next week, though.  I will get paid Friday and can buy groceries according to my meal plan.  I want to see if this helps move my weight loss along.  I will have the one higher carb day, however.

I am back to looking over my reasons for losing weight notebook at least twice a day.  And I will work to implement some of the other principles set out in The Beck Diet Solution.  I know it is not the end of the world (or my weight loss efforts) to have gone off plan for a few days.  It is all a matter of choices, and my choice is to get back on track again.

I said that my eating yesterday was not the best.  I ate a fairly normal breakfast with some breakfast sausage and some scrambled eggs with a little shredded mozzarella mixed in.  My coworker has a jar of peanuts setting out to share and I indulged in those yesterday.  However, I did not eat a real lunch or a real dinner, since I worked until 9:00 p.m.  I also had some sugar free hot chocolate.   When I got home, I ate a few walnuts and that was it.  So not a good eating day, but I don't think I overdid on calories or carbs.

This morning I had breakfast sausage and a cheese omelet.  For snack I had a 3 dill pickle spears, each rolled in a slice of sharp cheddar and 2 slices of deli smoked turkey.  If I eat any lunch, it will be a side salad from Chick-Fil-A (I didn't).  My main things at work today:  stay away from the candy bowl and stay away from the peanut jar.  I can have peanuts, but they need to be planned and portion-controlled.  (I did better at this today, but still had some.)

I stayed home from work Monday.  My pain level was way up and I knew I needed to get a handle on stress.  Unfortunately, during the day is when I found out Stephanie got laid off.  Pain levels are still way up.  My right foot is really hurting.  I have been attributing it to plantar fasciitis, but it has been hurting all over.  Does that happen with plantar fasciitis?  I don't know.  But like my MT says, everything is connected.  I was sitting there Monday and a very sharp pain was going through my foot and at the same time, somewhere in my back.  The same kind of pain at the very same time.

I plan to leave as much of the moving as possible to my kids.  I will have to do some stuff, of course, but if I am paying all the bills, they can do all the work.  How handy is it that my son-in-law to be is in the moving business?  I will leave most of the intensive work to them, but there is some packing and purging I need to do.  If I haven't used it in the time I have been in my current loft (other than clothes I am getting down into), then why do I need to keep it?  So that is what I will be doing in the days leading up to Thanksgiving, before we do any real dismantling.  I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my daughter's fiance's family, so I want everything staying nice until then.  The work I will be doing will be under the surface, for the most part.

Dinner tonight was a side salad and ground sirloin patties.  I need to drink some more water (which I will do before bedtime), but today has been improved.  I'm zoning in on things that motivate me and hopefully I will get back to where I was quickly and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl