Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weigh-In

I lost 2.8 pounds this week and now weigh 249.4.  Not quite to my lowest, yet, but I'm so very happy to have finally moved significantly!

Today is my carb day.  I slept late -- 10:15!  I almost never do that.  Breakfast was a peach and a few of the barbecue sausages from the party last night (low carb BBQ sauce).  I was a little concerned I had overdone last night on the nuts and it would affect my weight this morning, but I am happy with the result.  I have nuts left, so I will have to be careful.

My daughter just called and they want to go to lunch at Iron Cactus.  I will have to decide how carby I want to get.  I can have the bacon wrapped shrimp and a salad I usually get.  I will have to see what the choices are.  I don't want to go overboard.

I forgot that I told my son I would come pick him up and help him with some things to try to get his car going.  He has been extremely stressed trying to get rides to work and trying to get his car going (which has been down for months).  He has been between a rock and a hard place -- too many details to explain.  I decided to loan him my car this week to help with his stress and so he can do what he needs to do to get his going -- he's almost there.  He didn't ask, but I want to help.  So, my daughters and I decided to eat in Arlington so he could go with us.  We had a nice family lunch today at Abuelo's.  I had the Chile Relleno.  The worst part of it was that it is breaded and fried.  I got the one stuffed with beef (which was brisket).  For my sides, I had the potato casserole and spinach casserole.  I ate maybe 2 tortilla chips (I just had tiny pieces so I could try the queso and each of the salsa's).  It was very good.  I ordered off the lunch menu, so it was a reduced portion.  The breading and the potatoes (which was only a very small serving), and the 2 chips were the only carbs in the meal.  I mean things you normally think of as carbs.  I don't know if it was the carbs or the rich food, but it kind of messed with my tummy.  Later I had some sugar free chocolate pecan delights, which is becoming a weekly occurrence.  I'm okay with that, as long as it is on my carb day.  It is now almost 7:00 p.m. and I am still not hungry.  I'm not sure what else I will eat today.  I bought some frozen peaches, so I might have a little of that.

I wore my "favorite jeans" today -- haven't worn them in a few weeks, since I wear shorts a lot in the warmer weather.  They are getting pretty loose.  Looser than they have ever been.  :)

My headache is still hanging on stubbornly.  I am going to rest a while and see if I can get it to let up.  That's all for today.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting below 250!!! That's amazing!
    Glad the party went well yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sheryl!! 2.8 pounds - I know that feels great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel great! Hopefully I am moving now!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl