Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wedding Dress Shopping

No weight loss this week.  At least none showing up on the scale.  I know I am losing because clothes are beginning to hang on me.  Here is an example.  Last night, my daughter came to my building at work to get the keys to my loft.  It was after hours, so she had to wait at the security desk while I brought them down to her.  As I was walking from the elevator to where she was, she said it took her a minute to realize it was me.  I had not seen her for two weeks.  She said there was a lot of difference just in those two weeks.

I think today is going to be a true day off, although I will not be eating sugar.  I'm going to try this sandwich shop I heard about, and this evening I am going to a cookout with my Sunday school class.  I didn't eat much on average this week.  I am not planning to eat a lot of volume; I'm just not going to worry about carbs today.  One problem, though, is my tummy is not happy when I eat carbs these days.  I ate some frozen peaches and some SF chocolate this morning, and my stomach had a fairly quick reaction.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

I'm going with my daughter today to look at wedding dresses!  :)  I can't be too tired for that!  She said she just wants to look at what's there -- she's not ready to buy one yet.  I will do a little looking at mother of the bride dresses while I am there, just to get some ideas.

Well, we ended up buying a wedding dress.  Bethany took my breath away.  I can't post pictures, because I don't want family to see them before the big day,  I can't imagine missing a day like today.

That took so long that I did not go to the cookout (unfortunately).  I really need to be going to these things, but today was a special day and I certainly couldn't miss it.  My daughter is going to be a beautiful bride.  When she put on that dress, everyone in the place was standing around with their mouths open.  No kidding.

That's it for today.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that sounds great about your daughter getting married and the dress. I can't wait to see it.

    That's ok about the no weight loss, keep working and you'll see a loss! :)

    www.SlimIntoONEderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect suits for you Kerry and so beautiful too.

    Pánské obleky Praha & večerní šaty Praha

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl