Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

This is Fun

Whew!!  A good, hard workout this morning!  40 minutes on the recumbent bike, intervals of 6R and 11R, doing weights with the arms while pedaling.  On the 11R intervals, I turned my toes inward to isolate the inner calves and thighs.  I was really feeling that by the end -- it made it much tougher because I am weak in those muscles.  Not only am I trying to strengthen those muscles, but I am also hopefully reshaping the inner calf to give my legs more shape.  They already have decent shape, but I want to enhance that inner-calf muscle.  As I have said before, doing the arm work along with the recumbent bike really makes the time pass faster.  Feels good!!

I also did some ab exercises this morning -- crunches, leg lifts and oblique crunches (whatever they are called).  I can't do very many yet, but you have to start somewhere.  I am sore from the ones I did Monday, so I must be doing something right.

I woke up with a headache again.  I had taken some medicine around 4:00, but I still had a headache.  I took some Anacin and half a muscle relaxant right when I got up to see if I could head it off before time to work out, and it did ease up.  I need to be using that mouth guard I bought, even though I don't like it.  I have this underlying awareness that I am gritting my teeth at night.  I can tell by the way my jaws feel.  (Sure wish I could stop that!)

It's a rainy morning, so no walking the dog.  I am making good time getting things done this morning.

My eating is going very well this week.  I want to keep it that way.  I would love to drop below 245 by weigh-in day.

I thinned out some clothes in my closet that have gotten too big for me.  I pulled a few blouses I am just getting into out of the bins in my closet.  Trouble is, they are all short-sleeved.  I will have to wear a sweater or jacket with them in the cold weather.  I don't really want to buy new clothes that I am hopefully just passing through, but I likely will have to fill in the gaps a little.

I am wearing one of the blouses I pulled out this morning, and paired it with a denim jacket I have.  I am liking this outfit.  This is one of those days "I feel pretty."  Don't you love those days?

Taking into account what I wrote yesterday about not getting quite full enough at breakfast, I ate a little more this morning (a couple of leftover meatballs -- they are small).  I brought a package of almonds for later.  I still wanted to get into those almonds before the time I had planned to.  I think it was just because they were there.  So I was trying not to do that, just out of principle.  I held out until after 11:00 and then ate my almonds.  I ate a side salad at lunchtime, and that did me for the rest of the afternoon.  I am staying quite satisfied these days.

I got off on time again.  Yay!  Dinner was the last of the leftover stuffed peppers and some homemade ice cream sweetened with Stevia.  That's all I need for today.

I'm going to do some more looking in the bins to see what else I can wear now.  This is fun.  :)  How long have I been waiting to do this?

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl