Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Not Feeling So Good

I would so love to take the day off, but no can do.  As late as I have been working, it seems like when I get home at night, it is no time until time for bed if I am to get up in the morning and do a workout.  This morning I have cooked, cleaned, worked out and walked my dog, all before starting to get ready for work.

I made the chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and cheese this morning.  They look delicious!  I also made another Ham and Swiss Pie, so all I have to do for the rest of the week is warm up my breakfast.  I need to make a veggie to go with the chicken.  I was going to take it with me, in case I have to work late.

There is so much to do at work this week.  I am speaking for the attorneys working on this case but, of course, that flows down to me.  We are in the final two weeks of prep for trial.  Trial will not be until January, but other deadlines were not changed even though the trial date itself was continued.  I'm not sure what will be going on between now and January -- of course, there is plenty of preparation the attorneys will be doing, but all filings will be done.  We are appealing one decision from a hearing, so that could cause the whole case to be continued.  If that happens, I am asking for time off.

My house is a little messier than it has been.  I just haven't had time this week to do everything.  That bothers me a little bit, but I feel like the thing that kept me feeling overwhelmed in the past and, as a result, not doing what needed to be done, has been broken.  When I have a little free time, the chores will be caught up.  I know how much better I like things that way and don't want to go back to my old ways.

I'd better get moving.

Evening

I got off at a little more decent hour this evening (6:45).  I came home and warmed up my chicken -- it was soon good!  This is definitely going to be a regular recipe I make.

Not only was I struggling with the headache today, but I had an earache.  I don't know if they are connected.  Sometimes your ears hurt with TMJ, so it could be from that, or I could have an ear infection that is giving me headaches.  I almost wish it was the latter, because if I am sick, I will get well and feel better.  If it is the other, not so much.  My boss asked if I wanted to stay and work a while tonight and I told him I wanted to go home.  I just haven't felt good for several days.

The chicken filled me up and I think I am going to leave my eating at that tonight.

I'm going to read for a while and just rest.  Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, trial prep is a bitch, isn't it? The worst is preparing for weeks upon weeks, only to have it settle the day before the trial begins - it's happened to me twice in my legal secretary career!

    Hang in there - just think of the overtime money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that just happened earlier this year and it will probably happen in this case too. That's what I tell myself -- at least my paycheck will be nice! It's 8:15 and I'm about to go home!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl