Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

No Time

So, I've been thinking about what I need to do eating-wise to push past my current weight.  I want to reduce my calories for the next few days, but I don't want to go around constantly hungry.  I am thinking that for the next week or so, I eat the same volume of food, but look for ways to cut the calories.  For instance, today, because of what groceries I have on hand, I need to eat a main dish salad for lunch.  A regular, creamy salad dressing -- which is totally Atkins -- can really push those calories up.  I think today I will eat the salad with my RF Balsamic dressing I still have on hand.  I will still have pecorino romano shavings, some avocado and sunflower seeds, but will make that adjustment.  Plus it will be a nice variety on taste.  I am trying to decide what to do on breakfast.  If I had some turkey sausage, I would have that, but I don't.  I could just have some chicken breast for breakfast with my eggs.

For dinner, I could eat like I did last night, which was a steak and some roasted broccoli.  The difference in that from some meals I have is that it is not a recipe that adds cheese to the protein.  That will save me some calories.  I could even have a little more protein.

The thing is, Atkins promotes eating enough fat to satisfy your hunger.  I just have to find a good balance.  My thinking right now is that I don't want to "waste" another week stuck at this weight.  I want to move past this particular weight, which seems to be one of those "set points" you read about that my body wants to stay at.  I hope moving past it will get me moving for a while.  I will feel better and not so frustrated.

I have to get to work early today -- 8:00.  I am on rotation to be on the switchboard all morning, since our receptionist is on vacation this week.  So I have to be there to open up at 8:00 a.m.  So I best get moving.

That is all I had time to write today -- it was crazy!  I've been invited to dinner over at my daughter's boyfriend's house (with his parents).  It will not be an Atkins meal.  I will just have to do the best I can; I don't want to be rude.

I did what I planned at breakfast and lunch and had no time for any snack except I had 3 pieces of pork rind this morning at around 10:45.

I will be getting home later than I would like, but sometimes life is just that way.

I'm home now.  Actually I was able to stay on Atkins pretty well tonight.  Tom's mother made a casserole which had stuffing on the bottom (like stovetop stuffing), a layer of chicken, a layer of ham, a layer of cheese, and a layer of bacon.  I've never heard of a casserole like that.  Anyway, I ate the meat and cheese layers and left the stuffing.  She also had broccoli and asparagus, so I had some of that.  She had corn and sweet potato fries too, but I didn't eat any of those.  I drank water.  And, I didn't eat very much volume-wise, but was satisfied.  So I think I had a pretty good lower calorie day.

Tom asked me tonight if he could marry my daughter.  I knew it was coming, but I didn't realize it would be coming quite so soon.  I gave my blessing, but I do want them to wait until summer.  I also told him I would like him to read a particular book, which he agreed to do.  It's kind of surreal.  I want so much to get near goal weight by then.  I don't know if that is even possible, as slow as things are moving, but it is an incentive.  There would be no doubt I would see my ex then.  I want to be ready, not just for that, but to look my best at the wedding.  I wish I could afford to contribute significantly to my daughter's wedding, but I am not going to be able to.  I had to pay for my own wedding, and it was fine, so I know they will do fine with theirs too.  I don't believe you need to spend a ton on a wedding.  I think it is better used to fund your home, etc.

That's all I've got today.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl