Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Baby is Engaged!

My baby is engaged!

Now the Mother of the Bride thing is officially on!  She was very surprised.  She knew it was going to happen, but she did not know it was going to happen last night.  :)  Wedding is likely in May, so I have approximately 8 months.

I probably went a little overboard on the carbs yesterday, but not too bad.  I got into the Wheat Thins that were left over from my party.  They are gone now and the candy corn and chips left will be going to work with me tomorrow.  I've thought several times about getting into that candy corn (I don't even really like it that much, as candy goes!), but knew I would regret and knew it would be that much easier to do it again if I did it once.  So I didn't.

I went to class this morning, but did not stay for church.  I guess one thing at a time.  One reason was because I was in pain.  I left my medicine in somebody's car yesterday (one of my daughter's or mine, which my son has right now).  Thankfully I had a prescription waiting for me at CVS when it opened at Noon.  People In class seemed glad to see me.  I have to get myself out of my isolation mode again, but I will.  When I walked into class this morning, a guy I have thought was kind of nice looking before was standing at the door and his expression changed when I walked up like, hey, I haven't seen you in a while.  I think he is an attorney.  I wouldn't mind getting to know him.  :)  He is nice and tall, too.  I just need to get involved regularly and see if I can get to know him.  Not that that should be my motive to go to class.

My daughter called and her fiancĂ©'s family and they were going out for lunch and she wanted to know if I could go, so I did.  We celebrated their engagement and heard the story of how Tom proposed.  Lunch was at Olive Garden.  Do you know how difficult it is to eat low carb at Olive Garden?  Of course, they have the unlimited salad bowl.  I ordered stuffed chicken marsala, which came with mashed potatoes.  I didn't eat the potatoes, but ate the chicken and the mushroom cream sauce.  I think I did as well as I could there and still get an enjoyable meal.  Almost everything there is served with some sort of pasta.

My headache just will not settle down.  And I am having a lot of the throat pain (from my neck surgery) that seems to trigger headaches.  I think it is because of all the "pinching" my MT has done in that area.  I may have to give that a rest.  I just can't take having this bad of a headache all day, every day.  I was thinking today, I wonder what the record is for a person having a constant headache before they went crazy.  :\  I will ask her to stay away from that throat area for now.  I did a lot of smiling at lunch and it made it worse -- the tension to the face caused it.  I spent the rest of the afternoon with an ice pack on the back of my neck, then on my throat and then the top of my head.  I still have a headache.

Regardless of that situation, I have to get going with workouts next week.  I did four last week, which was one more than the minimum I set for myself.  But now that the party is done, I need to turn my full focus to that.  I want this and I want it bad.  My next goal in sight is 240.  This week, though, I would like to drop below 247.2, which is the lowest I have been in recent years (since 2002).  When I get to 240, I should be well into a lot of the clothes in the bins in my closet.

I'm not nearly ready for Monday, but here it comes anyway.  That's it for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, congratulations to your daughter - how sweet! Cute couple and beautiful ring. Nice to see the next generation starting their lives together. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl