Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Feeling Positive and On a Good Track

I pretty much had myself talked out of a workout this morning. My head was hurting; my body was hurting; and I was tired. But I got to thinking about my goal that motivates me, and the pictures I printed out to illustrate that goal, and I know that to get anywhere close to where I want to be by March, I am going to have to work out more.  I also thought about my statement that I wanted to get below 245 this weigh-in.  That could happen, but I'm certainly not there yet.  So, 40 minutes on the recumbent bike, 7.59 miles, all the while doing my arm work with 5-pound weights.  That is probably kind of slow, but with the arm work, it is a very good workout.  I turned my toes in to isolate the inner leg muscles again.  That is so much more challenging that I couldn't do that on the last 11R interval.

As I was preparing to work out, Joyce Meyer's definition of discipline came to mind:  "Discipline is doing what you don't want to do in order to have the things you say you want to have."  That is definitely where I was this morning.  I hung up all the pictures of the Mother-of-the-Bride dresses I saved.  Seeing these motivates me.  And you know what?  After my workout, my head was not hurting anymore and my body was not hurting anymore.  Just do it.

I did use the night guard last night.  I think it helped a little.  I didn't wake up with a headache, but I had one after I had been up a few minutes.  Hopefully it will gradually help.  My jaws don't feel quite as pinched as they did.

If you caught that, Bethany has moved her wedding up to March.  It is all about venue.  She can't get the place she likes and that is affordable in May.  Tom's parents will be out of the country in April.  The next opening after May was July, and we would all be melting then, since she is having an outdoor wedding.  I can't convince her to wait until September (and we still might be melting, even then).  I am just concerned about her being able to pull it together by March, and there is the question of finances.  But I have to work like it is going to happen in March.

Clothes are getting looser, it seems like every day.  It's just that when I put on something I may not have worn in a couple of weeks, I can tell a difference from the last time I wore it.  I did break down and order me some things yesterday.  As I said, I needed to fill in some gaps with what I already have waiting for me.  I needed either a brown cardigan or jacket to go with some of the short-sleeved tops I mentioned yesterday.  I found a cardigan for $17.99, so ordered it.  I will also not have as many pairs of pants once the ones I am in are too big (some of them pretty much are already), and there is one outfit I am planning that needed navy pants, so I ordered those and I ordered some kind of buff colored ones, since my off-white ones are pretty much hanging on me now.  Some tops just need a lighter colored pair of pants.  I have some khakis, but the style of them makes them not go with just anything.  I have some khakis waiting for me, but they are some pretty small 16s, so it will be a while for those.  I ordered these in size 16W from JC Penney.  I know this doesn't sound very thrifty, but I do not have the time to go searching at second-hand shops and garage sales, hoping to find exactly what I need, and it is important that I dress fairly professionally on my job.  I don't mind wearing things until they are pretty big, so I will be able to wear these a while.  I can't think of much anything else I will need once I get into all the things in the bins in my closet.  There are a ton of 14/16 blouses, so I will have a wide variety pretty soon.  If I keep working hard.  I don't want to drag on for months like I have been in the last year.

It occurs to me that I am way overdue to post pictures.  It's tough to get decent ones when you live by yourself.  I will have to remember to get my daughters to help me this weekend and see if I can get some posted.  I'm interested to see the difference too.  The last detailed pictures I posted were in June 2012 (!).  I wasn't sure the difference of where I was then and where I am now, but looking back, it's about 35 pounds.  I have had some ups and downs during that time period, that's for sure.

This is why I am liking Atkins.  I feel like it is something I can live with, with the one day off a week.  I can keep doing this forever, if I had too.  Eventually, I will up my carb intake a little on a daily basis to include some things like fruit and a sweet potato, etc.  But for now, I am happy like things are.  It's what works for me for the long-term that is the important thing.

Even though there are some not-so-good things going on in my life, I am feeling very upbeat and excited about my journey.

Have I mentioned that I quit taking my antidepressant?  It seemed to be causing some weird side effects when taken while I am on pain meds.  Some reading I did seemed to indicate this to be the case, even though I never read why.  So I decided to quit taking them.  Thankfully, I have not had severe side effects for discontinuing.  At least it is one less expense.  And I am feeling very positive about my life and on a good track.  I knew it was temporary and I hoped it would just help me get going.  It seemed to help me do that.

I ate more for breakfast than I usually do -- I had a 3-egg omelet instead of 2, and I had 2 small meatballs before my workout.  I was feeling kind of empty.  All I had during the day at work was a side salad from Chick-Fil-A.  I got slightly hungry this afternoon, but not much at all.  I got off on time and dinner was 2 ground sirloin patties and a small salad.  I think that will do it for tonight.  I don't want to add any more calories.  I really want to keep moving on my weight loss.

That's all for today.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on getting that workout in!! When my alarm goes off at 6:15 in the morning, my first instinct is to turn it off and go back to bed. I actually have to get OUT of my bed to turn it off, so I am standing. I turn it off, then just grab my glasses and walk out the door to get to the gym. I am usually pretty awake in 20 minutes, the amount of time it takes me to get my coffee/english muffin going and out the door. :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl