Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Eye On the Prize

I'm watching another episode of Extreme Weight Loss.  Something hit me about what I need to help move my exercise along.  I need a fitness goal to work toward.  Some people train for 5k's, 10k's or marathons, triathlons, etc.  I can't really do that with my physical limitations.  Not only do I have the back and knee problems, but the plantar fasciitis issue is really flaring up right now.

I am not sure how many miles I typically get on my morning recumbent bike workouts.  I will pay attention to that on my next one.  I think one goal will be to get a certain number of miles in a month.  That's the only thing I can think of other than number of workouts.  It's hard to set a goal like that right now with my schedule being the way it has been.  I hope that will settle down a bit after this week, but I don't know what to expect.  I just know I need to get some goals set and challenge myself.

If anyone has any suggestions, taking into account my physical issues, I'd like to hear them.

Looking at dresses yesterday was very motivating.  I really want to make a big statement at my daughter's wedding.  I see the plus size mother-of-the-bride dresses, and they are pretty -- some are just bigger sizes of the ones I really like -- but I don't want to look like the plus-size pictures I have seen of them.

I put on a size 16 pair of pants yesterday and they fit!  So I think a size 12 is well within reach, if not a 10.  But I will have to work hard.  That is a 16 women's size, not a 16 misses size -- there is a difference.

Lunch today was some Italian meatballs.   You can buy them uncooked in the meat section -- they are already seasoned and shaped.  I had a salad with the meatballs.  For dinner I made some low carb stuffed peppers.   They were good!  I had dinner a little early and was feeling kind of snacky later in the evening, but didn't have anything in the house that was really appealing to me.  I could have gone to CVS and gotten some nuts or something, but I keep thinking about being Mother of the Bride.  I'll be okay without adding any more calories to my day.  I need to just drink down water, which I haven't been doing enough of.  Just trying to keep my eye on the prize.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have the eye on the prize!! I think a mileage goal works for your current work situation - you may have to bike more over the weekend, but knowing that you have to hit "x" amount of miles before the end of the month may motivate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Biz! Now I have to decide how much is a challenge, but can still be done.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl