Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

End of a Long Week

Today is not quite so hectic (so far).  Boss had two hearings this morning, so is out for now.  I've had a chance to shovel through my desk a little.

I was lying there reading before going to sleep last night and started getting a sharp pain in my toe.  For some reason, I started thinking about gout and hoping that was not what it was.  I don't believe it is -- I think it is radiating nerve pain.  But I did a little reading on gout and the fact that I eat probably more meat than a lot of people and am taking a diuretic did give me pause.  I need to see how my BP is doing and maybe discontinue the diuretics if it is under better control.  That will likely mean a little weight gain, but I will have to remember that that is not fat gain, just fluid.  But really, I don't eat that much meat.  My protein comes from a lot of different sources.  Other than the pain in the toe last night, I have no other symptoms, and I know, without doubt, that I have radiating pain from back problems.

I will have a good paycheck next week, that's for sure.  I don't know what to expect for tonight.  I do know that Jerry's wife is out of town, which means she doesn't have plans for them, so it is more likely he will work late.

I got up and made the pesto and cheese-stuffed chicken I made last week and brought some with me, so I can get a decent meal in today.  I will get me a side salad from Chick-Fil-A and that will make a nice meal.  Incidentally, I love their salads, and I love their new Avocado Lime Ranch dressing.  I need to make some homemade Avocado Ranch so I don't have the preservatives.  It's pretty yummy!

I had sausage and a cheese omelet for breakfast.  I still felt kind of like I wanted something to eat, but nothing sounded good (except something sweet, which I can't have).  I was not really stomach hungry anyway.  So I never did eat anything else before lunch.

For lunch today I had a Market Grill Salad from Chick-Fil-A.  I didn't feel like I had time to warm up my chicken and eat it (Jerry had just gotten back from the hearing), so I will eat that this evening, whether at work or at home.  The salad was not altogether appropriate for Atkins (it had some berries and a little apple in it, but not much).  However, although I haven't counted it up, I am pretty sure I had very few carbs yesterday, and I haven't been eating enough carbs a lot of days this week.  So I'm not going to worry about it.

After lunch, the day took off and never stopped.  I left the office at 10:00 p.m.  I'm tired, but not stressed, and tired is so much better than stressed.  My boss did another amazing thing to reinforce how much I love him.  Anyway, I think I got just under 60 hours this week, 55 last week, and 50 something the week before, which will all go on this coming paycheck.  The Office Administrator is going to have a cow.

My daughter's fiancĂ© cooked dinner for me and it was waiting when I got home (they had already left when I got home).  So no chicken tonight.  He made a filet mignon, collard greens, sautĂ©ed zucchini and onions, roasted sweet potatoes and cooked carrots.  I couldn't eat the sweet potatoes and the carrots today, so I will have them tomorrow on my carb day.  It was all really good, but I only ate a few bites of the steak, so mostly had the greens and squash.  I didn't want to eat too much this late, with tomorrow being weigh-in day.  And I was just so tired.

My loft is a little cleaner than when I left home this morning, thanks to Bethany and Tom.

It's the end of a long week and I'm ready to chill a while before I go to bed.  Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the weekend! Hope you get to catch your breathe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl