Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Discipline Is...

Tuesday

Finally, the scale is beginning to move.  My goal to get below 250 this week is well within reach.  I just need to keep doing what I am doing.

I did do my arm workout and my yoga workout last night.  I also shampooed my rugs and was overall very productive, despite having a headache.  The workouts were only a total of 20 minutes, but still -- it's progress, and I am doing some toning along with the cardio.  The  yoga works far more than the arms.  I felt it particularly in my abs, which is a good thing.  It didn't look too pretty last night -- I am out of practice on the yoga, and she was moving faster than I could, but at least I did it.  I want to get a video with a longer workout that deals specifically with core and back.  That will not only help me get stronger and feel better, but help with my middle section as far as looking better.

I think I really need to get it set in my mind to go to the gym at least some mornings.  Going in the evening is probably not going to happen very often.  If I get up early enough, I can go in the morning, but I have to be very efficient with the use of my time and get certain things done ahead of time.  I also have to go to bed on time.  But I won't do that before next week, since I am getting ready for my party.

I'm up at 5:15 this morning, but need to spend some of my time working on my loft.  I didn't get a whole lot done over the weekend.  But a little bit each day should have it looking like I want it for my party.  I have continued to be tidy through the last 2-3 weeks, so that part is okay.  I am just doing little extras like cleaning spots on walls, shampooing the rugs, etc.  Tonight my goal is to get the refrigerator cleaned out and looking organized.

Wednesday

It is not often that I am so busy at work that I don't at least have time to get a few thoughts down, but yesterday was one of those days.  I worked until about 7:00, but the day was so busy, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was spend more time on the computer.   I'm afraid I didn't get much of anything done.  I fell asleep in my chair after dinner and got up and picked up after myself and went to bed.  I guess I was pretty tired.  I woke up with a stuffy nose the night before, so took some Benadryl before going to bed last night.  It did the job and knocked me out too.

Guess what?  The scale said 249.6 this morning!  We'll have to see if that holds through Saturday, which is weigh-in day.  But what I have been doing this week is working.  I got a little hungry and ate a little more yesterday than the day before, but I guess not too much.  Thank the Lord I am finally making progress!!  I guess the carbs Saturday didn't hurt me, either.  And I am liking having something different to look forward to each week, although I haven't thought much about it during the day this week.  When I am hungry, my thoughts naturally go to protein, etc. when I want something to eat.  I did enjoy some of the sugar free ice cream last night.

Breakfast this morning was some Ham and Swiss Pie.  I meant to add some sauteed mushrooms to the recipe this time, but I forgot.  Next time!  I like having this ready and being able to just warm it up and eat in the mornings.  However, it does not hold me quite as well as other things I normally have for breakfast.  I had about 5 pieces of pork rinds too, which is less than a serving.  I am again not planning to eat a formal lunch, but have some almonds and some celery with cream cheese when I get hungry.  If I get hungier than that, I can get me a side salad at Chick-Fil-A.

I overslept this morning and did not work out.  I hope I will have an opportunity to do that tonight.  Jerry has a dinner to go to, so I should be able to.  Now to just make myself do it.  I really need these headaches to stop.  It is so much harder to push myself when my head is pounding.  I meant to put an ice pack on my neck last night, but fell asleep and forgot.  I really need to do that tonight.  My neck and shoulders are really sore, which probably has a lot to do with the massage therapy I had Monday.  I am also sore all over from the arm workout and yoga Monday evening.  But that's a good kind of sore.

I'm having another headache day.  My MT has been telling me to ice my neck when I have a headache.  I did that a couple of nights ago and decided to do it at work today.  I may look weird to some people, but so what.  I filled a baggie with crushed ice and wrapped it in a shawl kind of thing I keep here for when I get cold.  So I look like I have a muffler on that does not really match what I am wearing.  But it does the job and that's all I care about.  Besides, with the ice pack on my neck, I am getting a little cold.

It looks like I may be having more people than I thought I might at my party.  Not a lot, but I was afraid it was just going to be me and my daughters and one or two others.

I'm home now and had my dinner -- a salad with blue cheese dressing and a bacon cheeseburger with no bun.  I ate some more pork rinds this afternoon, so I don't want to eat too much this evening.  I will probably take some lunch tomorrow.  My hunger has been building on me a little.  I may have to do one day with lunch and one day with just the "snacks" mid-day for the rest of this week.  I just want to make sure I am below 250 at this weigh-in.

I don't feel like it, but I am going to get up and do my workout and clean out my refrigerator and do some picking up.  I want to make my goal more than anything this week and be the kind of mother of the bride I have envisioned.

I am praying for God to heal my headaches.  I do not want to live with these the rest of my life.  I'm just putting myself out there and saying that.

"Discipline is doing what you don't want to do in order to have the things you say you want to have."--Joyce Meyer

2 comments:

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl