Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

Crazy Day

Sunday Evening

I'm sitting here watching Extreme Weight Loss and some things are going through my mind.

First, I'm thinking about a blog post I read today about happiness.  This is what I got out of it.  So much of my thinking is planning and working toward my future happiness.  But I do very little to work on my present happiness.  I'm not even sure I know how to do that.  I need to work on that.  And it's not that I am unhappy.  But would I want to be like I am right now for the rest of my life?  No.  I need to start living.  And most of that has to do with getting out and being with people.  One thing Chris Powell said on this broadcast that hit me was, "Action conquers fear."  And I don't know what it is I am so afraid of.  It is not so much being with people.  It's the thing that I have to be home all the time.  And that if I get out of the house too much, I'm going to be too tired.  But I would rather be tired and actually LIVE my life instead of staying at home and never living.  And hanging around home makes me tired, anyway.  I really want to overcome this reclusive thing.

I was also thinking about my progress and what needs to happen next.  This week, I want to get more consistent with my workouts.  One way or another, I want to get in at least 5 good workouts.  I got 3 last week.  The best way for me to do this is to get one every weekday morning.  So that is the plan.  (As you will see, that isn't how it happened.)

I made a crustless pumpkin pie this evening.  It is sweetened with splenda.  It was pretty good.  It could be a little sweeter, so I will add a little more next time.

Monday Evening

Today was a crazy day!  It's 10:40 and I just got home.  It was push, push, push all day.  I woke up with a headache and didn't work out.  I was hoping I might be able to get one (a workout) this evening, but that certainly didn't happen.  Thank goodness the headache improved -- it wasn't too bad today.

I had bacon and a cheese omelet for breakfast.  My boss bought lunch for those of us pushing on the case and I had a Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad with no tortilla strips.  I had two pieces of bacon and some cheese at around 6:00 and a piece of crustless pumpkin pie when I got home.  That's it.  It's too late to eat much of anything now.  But I'm glad my calories were less today since I didn't work out.  And I'm not really hungry.  I imagine I will be in the morning, though.

I don't know about a workout in the morning either.  I need to get some sleep.  This is just going to be one of those weeks where work is concerned.  I will try to compensate by keeping my calories lower.  Hopefully the rest of the week will be better.

I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:


  1. Since most of life is spent in the waiting room, we need to learn to have fun there!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl