Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

Peace, Be Still

Honestly, I wish my kids would not even call me about certain things.  My daughter is trying out a car she is probably going to buy.  You have to have a permit to park in the lot at her apartment building or you get towed.  She called several times yesterday to try to get a permit, but no one was in the office.  Her car got towed last night.  It takes $165 to get it out.   This happened not that long ago when my other daughter had a rental car because of a wreck and it happened the night Steph had to go to the ER with the blockage.  I paid that one.  But I am feeling a little low on money right now and just don't feel like I have the money to pay for it this time.  But, of course, I feel the pull (mostly from within myself) to help out.  I am not going to, because I know Beth has money in savings, but I wonder if I will ever stop feeling so responsible for these kinds of things.  At some point, I have to let my kids work out their own problems.  But it is very hard for me.  So I wish they just wouldn't tell me.  They hate these apartments they are living in, and so do I.

I slept in this morning.  That makes my body hurt.  Cas needed a walk and I didn't want to go because by 10:00 a.m., it is starting to get hot.  But I got him ready and off we went.  When I stepped out the door, it was cool and sprinkling rain.  It was very refreshing!  We have actually had a pretty mild summer.  As in not so many days over 100 degrees.  I am thankful for that.  But I am always so happy for Fall to get here, and it won't be long now before we won't be having these long, hot days.  There are way too many of them in Dallas, Texas.  But I'm a Texas girl.  I saw this picture on FB and I thought it was beautiful -- this is Texas:

 
Steph texted me last night and said her stomach was making her nervous.  It was a way of her saying, "Don't be surprised if you get called to the ER in the middle of the night."  Sigh.  It didn't happen, but....
 
Despite my overdoing yesterday, the scale was down a little more today.  At least that part of my life is going well.  That sounded kind of negative.  I don't mean to be that way.  I am weary of all these things to deal with, with my kids, etc.  Cas' way to approach things lately is to bark at everything, including me.  He wants something from me, so he is barking at me.  I threw a pillow at him and he stopped.  Lol.  I wish I could throw a pillow and make a few more things stop.
 
"Lord, I commit these things to You and ask for Your help.  I pray Your peace over my family.  I pray health for Stephanie and that You would speak "peace, be still" to the winds and waves that are trying to capsize my family.  Help me learn to rest in You and Your care."  Breathe in, release.  "Be still and know that I am God."
 
One thing on the agenda today was to shampoo the rugs.  Check.  Nice to have them clean.
 
I have now gone through four of the bins in my closet.  One conclusion I have come to.  I am not a size 18.  There are a lot of size 18's in the bin that are just a bit small.  So guess I am a size 20.  I even found a couple of size 20's:  a pair of jeans and a pair of capris.  The capris are a little tight, but once I wear them a bit, they will stretch out.  I have a pair size 18 work pants I have been wearing for a while, and they are getting somewhat loose, so you cannot always go by the size on something .   Granted, some shirts I wear are 18/20's, so I guess that is why.  It doesn't really matter.  I'm still the same size I was, just not the number I thought I was.  And I am about to get into a lot more clothes.  I have gone through all but 2 of the bins and have quite a bit I will be able to wear.  I hope the other bins I haven't gone through have work pants, because there was only one pair of those.  I know there are some more somewhere.  Most of these clothes belonged to my daughters and some to my sister.  My daughter could wear some of them now, but she won't.  But I'm not going to pass up perfectly good clothes, especially ones I plan to be just passing through, even if they aren't ones I would pick out to buy.  They are still plenty nice and close enough to what I like.
 
Stephanie came over around lunchtime and just left.  She doesn't like staying at home by herself all day.  I certainly don't mind her coming over, but I don't get as much done when she does because I end up sitting and talking to her.  I am also in some significant pain today.  I don't know if it is from sleeping more or what.  I tweaked my back at one point today.  Not while moving the bins, which doesn't seem to bother me.  It was just while changing positions when sitting on the bed.
 
However, I did get through those clothes and I got out to buy a few groceries.  I still have some picking up to do before bed.  I wouldn't mind having another day off.  :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl