Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just Popping In

Just popping in a minute to say I came nowhere near to my goal on my DietBet.  I had a great month, eating-wise, as far as control goes, but I have to surmise I was not eating enough.  I am not discouraged and I will probably do another DietBet, but I want to work out the kinks on my eating first.

I had something unexpected in my schedule today (at least I didn't remember it) -- a baby shower for a friend of my daughter's.  I never do as well when I get out before getting things done around the house.  I still am extremely tired.  I don't know why.  I did get out and walk Cas and enjoyed it, even though I had to make myself do it.  He was so good!  He even met a Husky (or was it a Malamute?) face to face and didn't even react.  Just politely met him and wagged his tail.  Smart dog.  The other dog was intact (meaning he was not neutered) and I think he immediately showed his dominance by going over Cas' shoulder, and Cas didn't even try to challenge it.  Thank the Lord.

I have to say that Biz of My Bizzy Kitchen is inspiring me!  She is killing it with her workouts.  I wish I weren't as restricted on what I can do, but that doesn't mean I can't do more of what I can do.

That's it for today.  Onward and downward.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout out! And for the record, I haven't been this focused in a long time.

    I've realized there is always going to be "stuff" that gets in my way - donuts at work, dinner out with friends, etc., but I just have to work around these events, instead of just throwing in the towel and saying "fuck it" and eating/drinking whatever I want and then getting "back on" the next day.

    I maintained my weight for 5 years doing that and obviously, if I was maintaining that at 130 pounds, that would make all the difference.

    Hope you have a stellar week! My meal plan is in place and going grocery shopping soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have learned how much those days when you really veer off track slow you down. You spend the whole next week trying to make up ground. Not worth it very often. Keep up the good work!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl