Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Catching Up

I was walking home last night after working until about 7:30 and I was starving.  I knew I needed to eat pretty quick or I was going to be out of control.  And I still wasn't in great control, but I don't think I ate any more than I had points available for.  I stopped at CVS and looked around for something to either cook quick or something reasonable that would be quick.  I ended up buying some Raisin Bran and some low fat milk.  I ate too much Raisin Bran, but that was all I ate except some canned, unsweetened pineapple.  As I said, I didn't have much food in the house to put together a meal.  Especially not very quickly.

About the only thing I can say about today is I am making progress.  I slept late until the pets wouldn't let me anymore.  I was so tired.  I got up and had breakfast -- another bowl of Raisin Bran, this time a reasonable amount.  I did a little picking up and walked Cas and then decided to go ahead and go get groceries so I would have what I needed for meals.  That took until after 1:30.  I obviously still don't know how to buy groceries for one, although I did pick up quite a few things that were non-groceries.  I bought an exercise mat for doing some of my toning exercises.  The rug on the cement floor without any pad underneath is pretty hard.  I bought two 10-pound dumbbells.  I bought a mini food processor.  All of those things support the lifestyle I am trying to develop.  I'm trying to think what else.  Oh yeah, enough flea bombs to bomb two more times.  I'm going to get rid of those pesky things!

With all the fresh vegetables I bought, I'd better do some cooking this week.  That is the plan.  I wanted to have what I need to eat as I should with no excuse.

When I got home, I had a wrap made of some rotisserie chicken, light Miracle Whip, Sriracha, lettuce, cheese and pico de gallo.  The wrap was spicy, but good.  With it I had some Pop chips.  After that I had some grapes.

Since then I have been working on cleaning out the refrigerator, putting up the groceries, cleaning the kitchen, all while watching a little TV.  It's just nice to be home.

I did a few bicep curls to test out the dumbbells.  It was difficult.  I used to do them with 10-pound dumbbells, but I guess I am not in as good of shape as I was than.  But I will be!

I got hungry later in the afternoon and guess what I had again?  More Raisin Bran.  It's gone now, so don't think I will be buying it again.  It seems to set off cravings.  I know it has some sugar in it, although it is not inherently sweet.  I haven't been hungry for dinner after that, though, so I guess that was dinner.  Sometimes I want cereal when I am thirsty.  The cold milk in it always sounds good.  But I don't think cereal is something I need to keep around at this point.  It's too easy to not control it.

I haven't done that workout I said I was going to do, have I.  Ugh.  I've got to get going with that again.  I've still got a lot to do, and at least I have been up doing things and not just sitting around.

That's it for tonight.  I'm going to clean some more and do some cooking tomorrow.  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl