Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Being Tired Should Not Lead to Extra Eating, It Should Lead to Resting


Day one of trying to get back to normal.  No, I didn’t get up to work out.  Just didn’t have it in me.  But I’m going to commit to do workouts both Saturday and Sunday.  I’ve said it, so now I have to do it, right?  I have a lot of errands to run Saturday, but I would really like to get caught up on my rest and some house cleaning.  I need to do some meal planning and cooking, too.  I just need a weekend to regroup.

My weight, although dropping earlier in the week, has not gotten back down there again.  I know it is just one of those things, so I’m not too worried about it, but I only have about a week before the end of my challenge.  It says right now on DietBet that I still have 5.6 pounds to lose to meet my goal for the challenge.  I had dropped lower than that earlier in the week and I feel sure I will get down there again (and more).  I am being careful to drink all of my water today and am going to be sure to hit the workouts next week.  No distractions, I hope!  I have done very well on my eating all week.

Breakfast this morning was an omelet.  I had a lot of sautéed onions left over from my fajitas last night, so I put some of those in when I folded it over, along with some part-skim mozzarella cheese (that’s the only kind of melting cheese I had right now).  It was pretty good.  There was a lot of oil on those fajita veggies, but it left a lot in the pan when I took it out, so I hope that helped a little bit.

I could not make a decision on what to eat for lunch.  Nothing sounded good.  So I just ended up eating a protein bar and a banana.  Starbucks had some bananas, so I got a couple there.  Right now I am sated, but I don’t know if that will last until dinner or not.  And my boss has already asked me to work late.  Not too late, he said – maybe until 7:00.  Famous last words.  I can always hope his wife will come up with somewhere she wants him to be earlier than that.

I just had a weird (and revealing) thought progression.  The thought flashed through my head that I was tired, and instantly the thought was to find something to eat to help with that.  I have known being tired is a trigger for me, but it seems my brain thinks that is the thing I should do when I am tired.  Not rest or take a nap, but find something to eat.  We’ll just have to retrain that thought progression!  Of course, I would like to rest or take a nap, but I can’t do that right now.  Or can I?  I realized as I was writing this (which was at around 1:00), I had not taken a lunch and my boss was out, so I went back to an empty office and took a short cat nap, just sitting up in a chair.  There is a wingback chair back there, and if I put my feet up on another chair, I can nap that way pretty well.  I must have been really tired, because I was totally out and woke up with a start at exactly the time I needed to.  I seem to have an inside clock and that happens a lot.  If I know I am supposed to wake up (usually from a nap), I seem to wake up at exactly the right time without an alarm.  It doesn’t always work in the morning, though.  Anyway, I felt somewhat refreshed and that was just what I needed.  I actually had a significant headache building before I took that nap, and now it is gone.  Yes!

WW is big on routines these days.  I think that is something I need to center in on.  I’m going to work on developing a general routine and a housekeeping routine.  I think that will help me a lot.  Routines are my friend.

As I suspected, I got a little hungry late in the afternoon.  My friend had some almonds so I ate some of those. I ate more than I really wanted to spend the points on, but I was hungry.

I’ve got way too much to do this weekend and not nearly enough time and energy.  I guess I will just have to do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl