Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Productive Weekend

I haven't done a workout yet this morning, but it's been an "active" one.  Who knew bombing for bugs was such a chore.  I got a "deep penetrating" bomb, so smoke alarms had to be disconnected and things put away that could be contaminated.  Three hours out of the day, plus prepping everything and then cleaning.  I just hope this takes care of it and I don't keep getting chewed on all night.  However, I have enough to do it a couple of more times, if necessary.

Also on the agenda is lots of cleaning, including shampooing the rugs, cooking and preparing food for the week, laundry, etc.  At least I am being productive, which feels good.

I have some work to do this week if I am going to meet my DietBet challenge.  However, I missed a couple of days of my BP medication, which always makes a difference, since it has a diuretic in it.  I plan to do high protein/low carb this week to hopefully move things along.  I'm going to have to get some workouts in, and I should probably spend some time in the hot Texas sun and sweat, sweat, sweat.  I know I have lost some weight that isn't showing up on the scale yet.

Breakfast this morning was pepper bacon and scrambled eggs, along with a banana.  For lunch I made a stir-fry chicken dish.  I would say this one was a success.  I usually don't like mine as well as what you can get at a restaurant.  I never can get as much flavor.  But this turned out good.  It had chicken, onion, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, orange bell pepper and I added a Fresno chile.  It had a slightly sweet sauce using honey and soy sauce, among other things.  There was also fresh grated ginger and minced garlic in the stir-fry.  I thought it needed a little more heat, but a little Sriracha on top took care of that.  I didn't have it over rice, as I usually would, since I am going low-carb.  It was very tasty and satisfying, though.

I got the living room rug shampooed and it's time to put my room back together after the bug bomb.  Lots more work to do!

As of 6:20, I've pretty much worked all day so far, with periods of rest.  Everything is much more pleasant around here.  It's interesting, but I have not had a lot of appetite.  I haven't craved bread, etc. at all today.  I have had some fruit, as in a peach after lunch and some grapes after dinner.  I had a 100-calorie bag of almonds mid-afternoon.  I had the leftovers from the stir-fry for dinner.  Oh yeah, I had a little cottage cheese after lunch.  That's it.  I'll eat something else this evening if I am hungry and I won't if I'm not.  This feels good.

So, as it got later in the evening, I was feeling a little hungry, but more than that, I wanted some carbs.  I thought about eating some crackers -- I had the points for them -- but I really want to meet my goal on the DietBet challenge, so I want to stick to the low-carb thing this week, anyway.  I counted up my points and I had 14 left for the day.  I ate another 100-calorie pack of almonds and a banana.  That will probably be it.  That's all I'm hungry for.

I'm having some pain the last few days.  I have some plantar fasciitis going on, from walking without shoes every once in a while on my cement floors.  I really don't do it much, but it doesn't take much.  I'm also having pain in the right hip kind of radiating down the thigh.  And sometimes I have some pain in my arm, but not consistently, thank goodness.  I think working out will help this, not hurt it, and I really have to get back to that in the morning.  No excuses.

I made some good progress this weekend on things that were bugging me.  Now I feel more ready to get up and get going in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. "I think working out will help this, not hurt it, and I really have to get back to that in the morning." You bet it will help, especially in the long run (no pun intended). No excuses girl, get moving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Reporting for duty -- on the recumbent bike. Here I go!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl