Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

5 Pounds and a Reward

Life got in the way, so my Thursday post was late.  So there will be two posts today.

 I was so looking forward to getting through today and getting to the 3-day weekend.  I am pretty fed up with the way my family has been beat up over the last few years.  This needs to stop.  I need to be more serious about praying over the situation.  Enough is enough.  When my daughter talked to me about all those things last night, my normal reaction is I just want to fix it.  But I can't fix this, try as I might.  But I know the One Who can.

I am doing my best not to hold onto the stress of this.  I am feeling so much better in a lot of ways.  I was marveling this morning over the range of motion in my neck.  It hasn't been this way for a long, long time.  And I am having very few headaches.  As far as the rest of my body, most of what I feel today is muscle soreness from the exercise and my thighs are tired from the workouts.  I can deal with that.  My MT did a major stretch on my feet and the backs of my legs, for the plantar fasciitis.  I was amazed at how much my left leg fought it.  I tried to stop resisting, but I couldn't.  I didn't realize how much I was fighting it until she took her hand and pushed my left knee down.  Then the sciatic pain started kicking in.  She said I had probably developed a protective mechanism from the sciatica.  Ouchies.  When she did my right leg, I was able to see the difference -- I didn't have any trouble keeping that leg straight and not fighting what she was doing.  She showed me more stretches to do on my left hip.  There is only so much I can tolerate, because it really causes the radiating pain to kick in while I am doing it.  But I don't seem to have any residual pain today, thank the Lord.  So I will do these several times during the week, just a little at a time.

Despite the goings-on from last night and the heaviness of my heart, plus getting to bed later than I like to and oversleeping, I did my recumbent bike workout.  That means I have gotten 8 workouts this week, even though some of them were small.  They count.

I have now passed 5 pounds lost, so I can set another 5-pound goal.  The Beck Diet Solution says you should reward yourself for each goal met.  Perhaps I over-indulged a 5-pound loss, but these 5 pounds were a long time coming.   Here is my reward (my pets insisted on being in the pictures):

This will go with a blouse I have
(among other things)
This will go great with a dress I have.
If I wear jewelry, you know I am feeling pretty decent about myself.  I am collecting quite a lot of costume jewelry like this.  There is a kiosk in the basement of our office building that has great stuff.  These were $15 each and both have earrings with them.  They also have great purses.  I also love Charming Charlie -- a wonderland of accessories.  If I go more than a few days without wearing jewelry, you know I am feeling pretty crappy about myself.  I just don't make the effort.  So jewelry is a good thing for me.

Today turned out to be pretty busy.  But that's good -- it makes the day go fast.  I got off on time.  I have been feeling a little bored with my food the last couple of days.  I looked at some Atkins recipes, and with all the sauces you can make, there is no need to have some plain, tasteless meat for dinner.  I got a grilled chicken breast from the cafeteria downstairs at work, and it just seemed like it was missing something -- to me it need a little sweetness in the seasoning, but you can't do that much with Atkins.  I only ate half of it for lunch.  And the broccoli I got was really bland, so I only ate a couple of bites (but I did eat a salad).  So I had those for dinner and made a little cheese sauce with cream and some cheddar melted in, with some seasonings added.  Much better!  I printed off a lot of recipes for sauces and salad dressings.  If I could have just dipped the broccoli in salad dressing, that would have made it better, but I didn't have any.  I know all this sounds funny for a weight loss diet, but that's Atkins.  We have been fed a line of bull about low fat diets.  I try not to go overboard on what I am eating, but they encourage you to eat good fats for satiety.  And I am losing weight.  When I am ready to go to the next phase (after I have completed at least 2 weeks), I can add more carbs, but not too much.  It's working, so I am not going to argue with success.  The good thing is, my appetite is just not that big eating like this.

That's it for tonight.  I think I am going to walk down to my new gym and pick up my membership card.  I will take Cas and just carry him while I go in to get the card.  He will enjoy the walk.

4 comments:

  1. WooHoo on the 5 pound loss!!!
    I love both of those necklaces!!! Gorgeous and you totally deserve them!! I hope that you wear them a lot in the coming weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for 5 pounds!! You should be so proud of yourself - and non-food treats are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Biz! I am so happy to be moving again, and to have my appetite under better control.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl