Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Saturday

I didn't end up doing that much Friday night.  The headache was more intense than usual and I couldn't get it to settle down.  I don't feel like doing anything when it is like that.  I did keep my eating in check, though, and I finished the week with 23 weekly points left.  I didn't intend to do that.  It's just how it turned out.

Saturday morning I got up, still with a headache.  I didn't know if some of my immediate family members might come by my place after the reunion, so I wanted to make sure things were presentable.  Things were not really that bad as I sometimes feel like they are.  At least, it didn't take that much time to set things to right.  I would give myself 20-minute intervals to do concentrated work during the morning, and would either read blogs or watch TV in between.  I really was not feeling very well.

I did walk Cas early Saturday.  So I did that and I cleaned, with the method above, most of the morning.  My daughters picked me up sometime after Noon and dropped me off at the reunion.  They were going to do something for a few minutes before coming themselves.  Bethany (who has mono) is still not feeling well at all, but was sick of being at home.

I got to visit with family that I have seen fairly recently and cousins that I haven't seen in many, many years, if ever.  We had a good time, although my headache kind of dominated everything.  The menu was barbecue and lunch/dinner was not served until 3:00 p.m.  I had eaten a little breakfast at about 8:30, and nothing but a 100-calorie pack of almonds since then.  I was pretty hungry.  However, it didn't feel like I ate that much.  Certainly not enough to feel very full.  I had a little bit of meat, some cole slaw and some potato salad.  I did eat 2 rolls.  There were several kinds of dessert, but I did not eat any.  I drank a bottle of water, and none of the other things they had to drink that had sugar in them.  I was there probably 3 or 4 hours.  Bethany was about on her last leg, so we left.

We stopped by the grocery store for a few things.  My daughters are planning to start on the paleo eating plan Monday and needed groceries, and I was almost out of fruit.  I also picked up a fruit tray to take to class Sunday morning.  I got home pretty wiped out from the headache.  It just would not let up.  I finally decided that going to class on Sunday was optional enough that I let the leader in the class know I would not be there and that someone could come by and pick up the fruit tray, if they wanted to, since I lived downtown.  She just had someone switch with me, so now I have the fruit tray to eat myself.

Sunday

The headache is not quite as persistent this morning, but I woke up with a bit of a stomach issue (which is very unusual for me).  I am not wanting to get very far from the house this morning, if you get my drift.  I ate a light breakfast, including fruit from the fruit tray.  We will see how the rest of the day goes.

I am totally in love with the blog 300 Pounds Down.  I cannot tell you how much it inspires me.  Holly has so much insight, as do her children.  Her children are such blessings.  I have spent a good part of my free time this weekend reading this blog.  Almost every post has a fantastic message that she has learned from her life with her children.  Such a beautiful, beautiful person and family.

I have struggled today.  I am hungry, but just not feeling like fixing myself anything.  I have extra points to use but can't settle on anything.  It's not so much from temptation as much as I just can't decide what to eat.  Now my daughter is bringing me a burger from Chili's.  It will have a lot of points.  I am planning on eating half of the burger and a few fries.  I can eat the other half for dinner.  I am not really in a throw it all to the wind mode, so hopefully I can hold things in check.  I just looked online.  The meal has 43 points!  I am already thinking of ways to cut that down, besides just eating half of it.  It has 4 pieces of bacon.  I can take 2 of those off.  I am hoping, since it is "to go," the dressing will be on the side.  I will try to scrape off a lot of the condiments.  It also comes with "tortilla strips" (?).  I don't know how those go on a burger, but I will be taking those off.  I may also only eat half of the bun -- I know those things have a ton of calories.

Okay, my daughter arrived with the hamburger and fries.  This is what I did.  It had 2 big pieces of bacon -- I gave both of those to the dog.  It had the ranch dressing on the side, I didn't eat any of that.  It had a big hunk of melted cheese on it -- I took off half of that.  The bottom bun had a glob of mayo on it.  I just left the whole bottom of the bun off.  I didn't see any "tortilla strips" on it.  So basically I had a top bun with a piece of meat (it was kind of thick, but not particularly greasy), half of the cheese that originally was on it, jalapenos and some of the lettuce, onion and tomato.  I left some of that because it was glopped with mayo.  I ate about 8 fries with it.  So I think I did pretty well on that.  I will have to figure up how many points I think that is.  I was plenty satisfied with that.  I threw the rest out.

I was kind of haphazard the rest of the day with my eating.  Nothing really bad, but not focused.  I don't like it when I'm like this.  The headache is still being persistent, although I did have a break for a bit when I had taken a muscle relaxant.  I solved the family issue I spoke of in my last post, which was to retrieve my car.  I got back and napped a while, but had waited too long to take medication, so my headache was out of hand again.  Ugh!!!!  The most interesting thing I did this evening was I tried out my Yonanas machine.  I used 2 bananas and some blackberries.  It made a very creamy soft-serve.  I give it a thumbs up.  I will have to play with combinations, but this is definitely something I like.  Sometimes a sweet, creamy treat is just what you like and need.  And it was 100% fruit.  I only ate half of what is pictured.  I was going to put the rest in the freezer and see how it was later, but dropped the bowl while putting it up and it broke.  A bowl from my nice, pretty dishes.  :(



I have not really made any progress on planning and preparing food.  This headache thing is really messing with me.  I need to get a few more groceries -- I still forgot a couple of things yesterday when I went.  More planning and preparation needed.

That's it for today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl