Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday

Well, I was fairly successful at my goal of a busy weekend.  Today was church and class, and then lunch with the class after church.  I had a good time.  Class starts at 9:15 and I didn't get home until 3:30 or so!  It takes a long time to serve that many people in a group -- 35 -- and split up the checks, let everybody pay, etc.  I had to catch a ride since my son is borrowing my car, so had to wait to leave.

I got home and basically crashed and burned.  I was sooooo tired.  I don't know why, but ever since swimming yesterday, I have been wiped out.  I took a nap when I got home this afternoon
and still feel abnormally tired.  I almost feel under the weather.  I never get sick, so I will be surprised if that is the case.  However, I am kind of sniffly and coughing from an irritation in my throat.    Not sore, but kind of tickly.

There are chores I need to be getting done.  That's the plan for the rest of the evening.

Eating was pretty good at dinner.  I ordered a grilled pork chop with peaches.  It had a kind of sauce made with the peaches that tasted kind of mustardy.  It was good, but I tried to eat only a little of the sauce since I wasn't sure how much fat it had in it.  The sides are served family style at each table and I had a little bit of mashed potatoes (probably 1/3 cup), a half-ear of corn and some broccoli.  They bring bread at the start of the meal and I had a 2-inch square of cornbread.  For the appetizer, you could order salad, fresh fruit or soup.  I chose the fresh fruit so I wouldn't have to put any salad dressing on anything, and the soup was not a low-fat option.  It was a small slice of watermelon and a slice of cantaloupe.  It was all very good and I didn't feel stuffed at all.  I did not order dessert (pretty much everyone else did).  I got to meet more new friends, and it was a nice time.

It has been rainy today, which is nice because it cooled things down.  But not great for walking Cas.  I did walk to church and just used my umbrella.  Cas is kind of whiny (I don't know why I am adding y's to all my words tonight)., and he has been placated by a fresh bone that he is gnawing away on.

Dinner tonight, if you could call it that, has been this and that.  I haven't overdone, especially since I have all my weekly points available, but it wasn't a planned out meal.  I felt too tired to do much fixing.

That's all for today.  I may go to bed early tonight to get ready for a busy week.  I want to hit the workouts strong starting tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it isn't turning into a cold - summer colds are the worst! Here's to a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl