Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013


I still am extremely tired and did not drag myself out of bed for a workout.  This is something I need to improve on if this ever happens again.  But I'm going to cut myself some slack and not worry about it right now.
I was somewhat hungry yesterday, but had all my weekly points available, so used some of them.  When I left the hospital, I stopped for gas and was looking for a snack.  I didn’t want to get the carby chips or crackers, so I got a little bag of almonds.  I tracked what I ate yesterday and I used 18 weekly points, with the barbecue at lunch and everything.
I’m doing another protein bar day today.  I was hungry when I got up, so had some watermelon.  Then, for breakfast I had a protein bar and a banana.  I will have a protein bar and fruit of some kind of lunch and then a reasonable dinner.  I haven’t gotten all my water down the last couple of days, so I will focus on doing that today.  I just want to make sure to compensate for the lack of exercise this week.
There doesn’t seem to be any bad result of my eating the sugar free ice cream yesterday.  No cravings, so that’s good.  I wouldn’t want to keep that stuff at home, but every once in a while like I did yesterday I think is okay.  Sometime I’m going to try to make some frozen Greek yogurt at home in my ice cream maker.  Yogurt, frozen fruit and a little stevia might be pretty good.  Plus I have my yonanas machine I can use.
I am definitely ready for things to get back to normal.  Even with me being gone so much and Cas only getting a morning walk, he is doing pretty well behavior-wise.  I want to get his shots up to date so I can use a doggie daycare next time something like this comes up.  The only problem with that is that he would have to be picked up at a certain time and that is not always doable when I am at the hospital or have to work late.  But I could probably get one of my daughters to do it, depending on what the reason was for needing to put him in there.
As the day goes on, I am very sleepy.  I’m so ready for things to get back to normal.  The doctor popped in to see Stephanie and they want to keep her one more day.  She is pretty nauseous and her pain level is not where they would like it.  So one more night of juggling the hospital.  I am at work until about 4:00 and my boss said I could leave about then.  I wish Steph had more visitors.  I don’t like to leave her up there all day without any company.  I don't think people realize how important that is to people who are in the hospital, and their family.
I ended up leaving at about 4:30.  By the time I walked home, changed clothes and got my car, it was 5:00 and rush hour traffic was setting in.  There was a wreck on the Tollway, so it really slowed down.  My car is trying to act up -- I think it is the fuel filter, so if I idling it will die.  I have to keep one foot on the gas and one on the brake in rush hour traffic, which was very stressful, and something about that made my hip hurt.  It took a really long time to get up to Plano, then I had to stop and pick up my and Stephanie's dinner.  It was almost 6:30 by the time I got there.
Dinner was a salad from Panera.  It was really good.  I used all my points for the rest of the day on that meal.
Steph and I sat and visited, watched the Rangers game and messed around on our computers.  I caught up on the archives of the blog I have been reading, so I will be finding another one to start tomorrow.  I like to read when people are actually going through their weight loss process.  It gives me ideas and motivation.  And sometimes it is comforting to know that other people struggle with the same things you do.
I felt a little bit energetic tonight while at the hospital.  I kept fidgeting and moving around.  I've heard you burn more calories when you keep moving like that, so I just went with it.  Hopefully Steph will be improved enough to go home tomorrow.  I can't remember if I said this yesterday or not, but one of the smartest things I ever did was get an AFLAC hospitalization policy a couple of years ago.  It will cover all of Stephanie's lost wages and more.  She owes me some money, so she will be able to pay me some and not have to put a drain on her monthly income.
I am so thankful I decided to go off sugar.  I really feel quite like a normal person with my appetite.  I had that salad at 6:30 and I was satisfied the rest of the night.  It was a lot more protein and good fat than it was carbs, and that is what seems to work best for me.
That's it for tonight.  I've only been home 15 minutes and it is after 10:00.  I'm going to unwind a little and then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl