Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

I'm back at the hospital today.  I got home about 1:00 and into bed by 1:30, but slept until after 8:00.  Steph texted and was needing some caffeine for a caffeine headache (funny how morphine doesn't help with that), so I had to hurry through my time at home this morning.

I took Cas for a walk, made sure the pets are taken care of for the day (they watched me forlornly as I walked out of the apartment) and headed out.  No time for a workout, unfortunately.  I don't remember if I said yesterday, but I was down another pound yesterday after doing a "protein bar day" and I was down another 1.4 this morning.  I didn't post today's weight on DietBet, because it is likely to pop back up a little before it settles there.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way to the hospital and got me some fruit and some more protein bars.  I will use them when I want to, but wasn't necessarily planning to do another protein bar day today.  I did have one for breakfast, along with some fruit.  I stopped and picked up Steph some Starbucks on the way in, too.   I was hungry at lunch, so went down to the grill (which is the only cafeteria they have here).  They always have very healthy choices here.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich with saut√©ed onions, peppers and mushrooms.  I put about a teaspoon of mayo on it and had some pop chips with it.  Their food is very healthily made.  I always have to add salt because it is low sodium.

I met a lady on the elevator this morning when I was taking Cas out to walk.  I told her about having to be at the hospital and how he had a lot of pent-up energy.  She said I could put him in doggie daycare for $10 a day and that they would exercise him there so he was tired out when I brought him home.  I had no idea it was that reasonable.  I wouldn't want to do that every day (financially), but every once in a while would be great, especially at times like these.  So I'm going to look into that.  I need to take him to the vet to get this year's shots first, but after that I can.  It would be good for my daughters' dogs at times like this, too.  They are being a little unruly because they are not being exercise with both girls being sick, etc.  It's a little more for bigger dogs, but only a dollar or two.  I wish I had known this a long time ago!

So far, this hospital stint is not throwing me off on my eating.  And I will get back to workouts as soon as my schedule settles down.  I do have a my shoes with me so I could take a brisk walk today, so I'm going to try to do that.

Today is the 9th anniversary of my divorce.  I call it my "Independence Day."  I believe in "until death do you part," and I tried every way I knew to make my marriage work.  But there came a time when I had to say, "No more.  You are not going to treat me like this any more, and if you do, than I must separate myself permanently from you."  I have no control over the choices he made, so I had to do what was best for me and my children.  And that day was day one of my healing.  It's a long road out of abuse, but I am so happy to be free.  So, Happy Independence Day!

It's been a quiet day.  I've read a blog most of the day, in between helping Steph with what she needs.  I've been hungrier today.  During the afternoon I had fruit, and for dinner I had another ground sirloin burger on a wheat bun.  I wanted something to go with it, but not chips again.  So that's all I ate.  We'll see if it holds me.   I just tracked everything on WW, and it says I have 11 daily points left, so I can hunt me something else down.

I'm not sure about tomorrow.  Steph will still be here and I hate for her to spend the whole day all by herself.  I have the time available.  I will have to decide whether I want to try to take all or part of the day off.

That's it for today. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hang in there - I think you are doing great not being in your normal routine! The hospital my husband was at had the shittiest food - burgers, fries, hot dogs - their salad bar had like three or four things on it - lettuce being one of them.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Biz! I have had to do this so often in my life (this is my daughter's 16th surgery lifetime -- long story), I think it is time I learned how to master the situation. I am doing much better this time.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl